Where is apple cider in the market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bolas, magner's is the best cider i've ever had hands down. it's served on tap in several pubs here in manhattan. i've also seen it under the label bullmer's cider.

The following excerpt from Ritter-Sport pretty much describes the characteristics of the Williams Christ brandy that I enjoy but is relatively unavailable in the states.

williamsbirnenbrand_artikel.jpg

The Englishman, Richard Williams, presented this fine pear for the first time to the Royal Horticultural Society in 1816. A teacher by profession, he was also interested in growing pears. The oldest evidence of the Williams Christ pear goes back to England in 1770. However, it was Richard Williams who made it popular, which is why it carries his name.
The Williams Christ pear finally made its way to France in 1828. It then travelled across the whole of Europe. The easily perishable pear flourishes well under favourable climatic conditions, such as in the Swiss canton of Valais, South Tyrol. It also grows well in the warmer valley regions of Austria, as well as in the Black Forest in Germany, in Kaiserstuhl, and at Lake Constance.
Making classic Williams Christ pear brandy involves mashing and fermenting ripe, undamaged pears. The alcohol and flavourings are then distilled as Williams pear brandy. The brandy develops its full, rounded flavour during many following months of storage.
Making Williams pear brandy requires expertise and a lot of knowledge. This is needed to perfectly utilise the relatively small sugar content (important for the alcohol level), as well as the sensitive, volatile flavourings of the pears. Only if this is successfully done, does the pear brandy develop its typical taste. The brandy’s unusual flavour makes itself apparent before it is even tasted. As it is poured into a glass its delicious pear aroma unfolds outwards.
You can also enjoy aromatic Williams Christ pear brandy by letting a piece of RITTER SPORT winter variety “Williams Pear Truffles” melt on your tongue.
Alcohol
Our latest varieties:
Fine Extra Dark Chocolate A fine choice for cocoa beans.
Alpine Milk Chocolate A real taste summit.
Bill mate that Tex Ritter has a way with chocolate,I often wondered why Poire William liqueur was named after William so thank you:)

bolas, magner's is the best cider i've ever had hands down. it's served on tap in several pubs here in manhattan. i've also seen it under the label bullmer's cider.

Tom mate for the truly authentic British way of drinking Bulmer's cider you need a numbers of key components.
1 3 x 2 litre bottles
2 a sunny day
3 a park
4 a bench in said park
5 a big brown paper bag to cover the bottle
6 a smaller friend with a beard and eyes that look in different directions of either gender
7 a lawyer number tattooed on your forehead in case of arrest.

Bolas De Fraile said:
Tom mate for the truly authentic British way of drinking Bulmer's cider you need a numbers of key components.
1 3 x 2 litre bottles
2 a sunny day
3 a park
4 a bench in said park
5 a big brown paper bag to cover the bottle
6 a smaller friend with a beard and eyes that look in different directions of either gender
7 a lawyer number tattooed on your forehead in case of arrest.

And Bolas....for #8 should your name be Benny? Lol!

Last edited:
The affect prolonged abuse of the amber nectar on an Englishman may be viewed if you google Max Wall Disco King, where you will note the origins of the Monty Python Ministry for silly Walks sketch and the first Moon walk:)

Back
Top Bottom