Which country has the best food, in your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is not an answerable question for me. Choosing one eliminates all the others.

As much as I enjoy Indian food, I enjoy Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and all the regional US foods. Also the foods of the Near and Middle East, different regions of Europe, ... well you get the picture.

It is not often I disagree with Andy, and this time is no exception. I simply would not be able to pick just one (or two or three...). I love so much from each country.

America, because you can not only find a tasty native cuisine of a diverse nature, from coast to coast to coast, but all of the others from around the world represented here as well.

I think India does. :)

I absolutely love Indian food...and British/South African Indian food, which is really quite different, but they both lack subtlety.

For me, the nod has to go to French cuisine. No other cuisine goes to such lengths to get the most out of each and every ingredient.

That said, I love that I'm not stuck with just one cuisine. There's something to love about all of them.

I think it is simple unfair question. How can you say that one country has better food than the other. For example who could you posibly choose India, they do not eat beef. Life without a hamburger? I cannot imagine it. If that is the best cuisine you like that's fine, but that is your preference.

I definitely could not answer that question.

America, because you can not only find a tasty native cuisine of a diverse nature, from coast to coast to coast, but all of the others from around the world represented here as well.
Selkie has a good point. America is a melting pot and it's true you can find restaurants everywhere that specialize in all the individual country's cuisines. And every country has their own unique cuisine worthy of being the "Best" for what it is. But with that being said, I have to say, I can't find any good Mexican food in North Carolina...nothing like you can get in the southwest. Chipolte Grill is good but limited...and we use to have a good takeout place called Baja Fresh but they didn't have tamales on the menu even....and where did they run off to?

This is not an answerable question for me. Choosing one eliminates all the others.

As much as I enjoy Indian food, I enjoy Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and all the regional US foods. Also the foods of the Near and Middle East, different regions of Europe, ... well you get the picture.

what andy said. :blink::blink: this doesn't mean anything, just thought it was cute.

Wholeheartedly concur.

While I have my personal preferences in terms of what I like to cook, I can't diminish one cuisine over another.

I'm on Andy's team. I have grown to love French cuisine because I was trained in it; however the flavours of India, Asia, Italy, etc. are unbeatable. And I also can't forget our West Coast cuisine as well.

When all is said and done, I just love food! :)

Each country has it's own special cuisine to offer and it will definitely take more than just a lifetime to sample it all.Thats the only reason I wish I was immortal :)
I live in India and hail from a district called Coorg,which is called the Scotland of India.It's breathtaking with its blue mountains,orange and coffee blossoms,the pepper vines and great food.Although I live in a metropolitan city thats Bangalore, my heart and soul belong to Coorg.
Just to give you an insight into the food eaten in Coorg....roasted breads made from rice, pork curry in a 5 spice concoction,pumpkin curry, wild mushrooms that are slightly larger than a pin head( these are found soon after a rainstorm and look beautiful,like a thick ,soft,aromatic carpet of snow), a wild purple taro leaf found on river banks and in the protective boughs of trees that looks like rhubarb but tastes like a sweeter version of spinach,wild bamboo shoots,sauteed wild bracken fern with coconut,dessert made from the purple extract of THE MEDICINE LEAF(the leaves are boiled in water and result in staining the water red,deep purple or indigo)The fragrance is likened to white truffles and the taste is to die for...:)
I can go on and on but enough for now.will post some pics soon though..
My passion is traditional food and I hope you'll will share your knowledge with me too..
In the case of cuisine too,the world is a global village.

i think it is simple unfair question. How can you say that one country has better food than the other. For example who could you posibly choose india, they do not eat beef. Life without a hamburger? I cannot imagine it. If that is the best cuisine you like that's fine, but that is your preference.

I definitely could not answer that question.
hey charlie,
i agree with you on all but one point.im indian and i love my beef as much as texans do..:) indian food is not only about curries ,there;s much more to it..when and if you ever visit india,be my guest at our estate and i will introduce you to the essence of indian food.ciao

I like actual "fresh country" cook'n. That or I sure like the food that comes from Louisiana, a "country" of its own. What other state is known for it's cuisine?

Each country has it's own special cuisine to offer and it will definitely take more than just a lifetime to sample it all.Thats the only reason I wish I was immortal :)
I live in India and hail from a district called Coorg,which is called the Scotland of India.It's breathtaking with its blue mountains,orange and coffee blossoms,the pepper vines and great food.Although I live in a metropolitan city thats Bangalore, my heart and soul belong to Coorg.
Just to give you an insight into the food eaten in Coorg....roasted breads made from rice, pork curry in a 5 spice concoction,pumpkin curry, wild mushrooms that are slightly larger than a pin head( these are found soon after a rainstorm and look beautiful,like a thick ,soft,aromatic carpet of snow), a wild purple taro leaf found on river banks and in the protective boughs of trees that looks like rhubarb but tastes like a sweeter version of spinach,wild bamboo shoots,sauteed wild bracken fern with coconut,dessert made from the purple extract of THE MEDICINE LEAF(the leaves are boiled in water and result in staining the water red,deep purple or indigo)The fragrance is likened to white truffles and the taste is to die for...:)
I can go on and on but enough for now.will post some pics soon though..
My passion is traditional food and I hope you'll will share your knowledge with me too..
In the case of cuisine too,the world is a global village.
What a great post! Welcome to the site :)

United States

I'd have to say the "United States" because one can eat foods from around the world here plus our own versions. :chef:

While I love many different cuisines, if I had to choose one to eat for the rest of my life, it would be French. Hands down. No contest. C'est magnifique!

Back
Top Bottom