Which food is the king of breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookinworld

Assistant Cook
I think Quesadilla is the king of breakfast, because it is quick and easy to make and delicious. Here is how I made this morning:

Ingredients:
1/4 tsp olive oil
1 flour tortillas, small
2 tbsp shredded cheese
2 slices smoked ham, ultra thin
hot sauce

Cookware:
1 skillet
1 spatula

Preparation:
  1. Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add a small amount of oil (about 1/2 teaspoon).
  2. Place one small flour tortilla in the skillet. Flip the tortilla over a few times.
  3. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of shredded cheese over the top of the tortilla and add 2 slices of smoked ham.
  4. When the cheese is sufficiently melted, fold the tortilla in half. Heat up the tortilla until both sides are slightly browned.
  5. Serve with hot sauce.

I AM the King of breakfast!!! Now bring me that quesadilla!

You, over there, with the bacon! Get over here!

Your King has spoken!!

Jester! I desire WAFFLES!

I would say eggs. I can't stand eggs and you start to realize how much they are used in breakfast when you go out to eat. There will be 50 menu options with eggs and 3 without.

I love bacon, and I cook with bacon a lot as a seasoning. But sausage...drool...and so many kinds and so much to do with it and shapes and types and...sausage...did I say I thought sausage was pretty awesome? Then of course there is SCRAPPLE!~!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! can there be a better food!!??

breakfast burrito with eggs n chorizo, queso fresca and salsa!! nice. waffles??? someone aid waffles?? maybe with sausage gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biscuits and a big old cast iron skillet full of sausage gravy, the lumpy kind made by crumbling and browning the sausage, sprinkling it with flour and pouring in the milk. Lots of black pepper, and you can't beat it.

(Of course, a real breakfast also includes eggs, bacon, and butter, possibly cheese, if the eggs are scrambled. My kids used to call a that a "Cholesterol Breakfast" and we only ate it 4 times a year--everyone got that for birthday breakfast.)

Since many people love eggs for breakfast, I'd like to introduce another tortillas family, Barbecued Wrap which I love to have for my breakfast, but it will take time to prepare.

Anyway.

Here is what you need:
1 10-inch flour tortillas
1 cups potato, peeled and diced
1/4 onion, sliced
1/4 green onion, chpopped
1 egg

Seasonings:
vegetable oil, sea salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, dried oregano

Preparation:
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Add diced potatoes and yellow onion and season with sea salt and pinch of pepper.
3. Cook until the potatoes are tender. (10 - 15 min)
4. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add the barbecue sauce, green onion and oregano and stir.
5. Fry one egg.
6. Place the potatoes on the tortillas and gently place the egg over potatoes, sunny-side up, and wrap.
7. Enjoy it.

Just eggs in a simple, runny yoke form. I like mine on toast (poached or fried) with cheese and tomato sauce or jam, unless they are boiled and then it has to be fresh bread and butter soldiers.

Failing those options, a lightly scrambled, just cooked egg does it for me.

Love eggs!!!!!

In winter, we eat a hot breakfast every day. We have porridge some days in an attempt to balance out the cholesterol of the other days. Like Andy, my initial thought was bacon. Then my second thought, like GB, was eggs. I'm not an egg fan, but most people love an egg for breakfast. I omelette them if we're having eggs. But regardless of what the 'main' ingredient is, we always have tomatoes with a fried breakfast. So I guess I'd have to go with tomatoes.

The ones we eat are an odd variety described in the terrible English translation on the seed packet as 'hanging tomatoes'. You grow them in the summer, so you can have proper toms all year round. No good raw, but cooked they are unbelievably good. They don't look very appealing (smallish, pinkish, hardish), but stick them in a pan with some oil and the sliced side caramelises perfectly and something miraculous happens to the colour. What was once pinkish orange is now perfect red.

So tomatoes have to be the king of the breakfast plate in our household.

Whatever I have a craving for that morning... and if I don't have to prepare it... so much the better!!

Huevos Rancheros or Breakfast Burrito

For me i love there are two kings : Huevos Rancheros and Breakfast Burrito. They are two BIG breakfast that will get you through the day. You can have your egg ,beans, potatoes, bacon, sausages etc in one dish..plus i love anything you put on a tortilla.:chef:.

I'm with GB. Eggs. Eggs, because you can prepare them in any number of ways.

Some of my favorites:

Fried over easy with a side of bacon or sausage, and buttered wheat toast
In an omelet (think farmers)
Soft boiled with buttered toast
In a flour tortilla scrambled, with sauteed onions and bell pepper, with cheese and bacon and sometimes sliced mushrooms
Steam cooked (like a sunny up) on top of a potatoes O'brian prep

I could go on, but I'm making myself hungry :)

Bob

I'm not real fond of eggs either. Once in a blue moon with the runny yoke or scrambled or an omelet. ookie.
But a nice fried ham steak and ya got me awake there.
Sausage gravy over big fat biscuits. (heartburn city)
Mrs. O'Bryan's 'tatters are excellent too.

If ya like the sweet route, syrup sponges can't be beat. (pancakes)
Or French Toast.

Biscuits and a big old cast iron skillet full of sausage gravy, the lumpy kind made by crumbling and browning the sausage, sprinkling it with flour and pouring in the milk. Lots of black pepper, and you can't beat it.

I agree about Biscuits and Gravy. Yum. Second is a breakfast burrito with sausage, hashbrown potatoes, scrambled egg, cheddar cheese, onion, and green chilies topped with salsa or Cholula sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom