Which food is the king of breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first time I had a breakfast burrito was at a rodeo in Pueblo, Colorado, long before they caught on elsewhere.

I'd say eggs and cured pork products are what most non sweet teeth would say, those with the affliction (haha) would say pancakes, waffles, or other breakfast forms of sugar!

I'm not much of a breakfast food person, but lately I've had a taste for something I'm way too lazy to make myself: eggs benedict! My other choice when breakfasting out is a truly good omelet. I'm hesitant when ordering the latter, because I really dislike omelets or scrambled eggs that have browned. So the chef has to be really good at it. I've certainly watched Jacques and Julia and every other expert do it, but with just two of us, I don't do it often enough to master the technique.

haha i was reading the thread title and couldn't help it but say Burger King and have some scary burger king dude hover over you with a BK breakfast sandwich.

but anyways back on topic. king of breakfast? A Taiwanese rice ball is the king of breakfast. full of flavour and easy to make on the go.

something like this
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/405485179_13d6ed9ef5.jpg

or a gua bao (no real translation here)
http://http.cdnlayer.com/smoola/00/00/27/fc89811e52c3f7ca_m.jpg

braised fatty pork with peanut powder, pickled stuff, and cilantro

refried beans and tapsilog

In Mexico I had refried beans and rice..it was good if u want that heavy breakfast with lots of carbs..also in the Philippines they have this meal called tapsilog which means tapa(marinated beef)+ itlog(egg,srambled or sunny side up)+sinanlag(fried rice), you can find this breakfast meal anywhere in the Philippines.

refried beans and rice
mexican-food.jpg
Pinoy tapsilog
img_849494_1_b4282ebd456f92ea79a2f34d636071fc.jpg

sharing the recipes

Can you post recipes?

Enjoy!:chef:
here are the recipes:

Re-fried beans with Rice

• 2 cups pinto beans
  • 2/3 to 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 bulb of roasted garlic, approximately 6 or 7 cloves
  • 2 - 3 tsp seasalt, depending on how much salt you like
  • 1 large bay leaf
  • 1 finely chopped tomato, vine ripened or home grown
  • 4 quart pot

Directions:
First pour your beans out on a table or cutting board. Sort through them and discard any rocks or shriveled beans. This shouldn't take but a couple of minutes to do.

Put the beans in a colander and rinse them under cold water. Pour the beans into a pot.
Add 8 cups of cold water and the bay leaf.
Put the stove burner on high and cover partially with a lid. As soon as the beans start to boil, lower the heat a little but still continue to boil. Cook for 2 hours and keep adding water as it cooks away.
Stir occasionally. Keep the water level at 2 inches above the beans.

Pinoy Tapsilog
* 1 kilo beef loin, very thinly sliced
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 3/4 cup cane vinegar
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground

Directions:

1. Mix all the ingredients together and let it stand in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Spread the pieces of meat in a tray and let it dry overnight.
3. Sun dry a couple of hours before cooking in smoker to medium or medium well.
3. OR Serve fried with garlic rice and fried egg (tapsilog).

Serving Suggestions:

Serve with a salsa of chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped onions, grated radish, chopped fresh cilantro, oriental fish sauce (or salt) to taste, crushed hot chilies, and a little vinegar (or lemon juice). For heavy eaters, chop meat into small pieces and serve sprinkled over a mound of garlic fried rice and fried eggs.
Filipino Food Recipes !!! --- Yum Yum Yum

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree that it's eggs... whether on their own or in an omelette people love their eggs. I'm allergic to them (and I work in a breakfast place, go figure...) so for me my favourite breakfast is leftover pizza or chili!

Since many people love eggs for breakfast, I'd like to introduce another tortillas family, Barbecued Wrap which I love to have for my breakfast, but it will take time to prepare.

Anyway.

Here is what you need:
1 10-inch flour tortillas
1 cups potato, peeled and diced
1/4 onion, sliced
1/4 green onion, chpopped
1 egg

Seasonings:
vegetable oil, sea salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, dried oregano

Preparation:
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Add diced potatoes and yellow onion and season with sea salt and pinch of pepper.
3. Cook until the potatoes are tender. (10 - 15 min)
4. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add the barbecue sauce, green onion and oregano and stir.
5. Fry one egg.
6. Place the potatoes on the tortillas and gently place the egg over potatoes, sunny-side up, and wrap.
7. Enjoy it.

MMMM this sounds good. I may just have to make an egg-free version of that for myself! I think I could even get my fussypants daughter to eat this and I bet if it was pressed on a panini grill for a few minutes it'd be even better.

I'm with GrillingFool. Coffee is not only King, coffee is BOSS.

same here. if I don't have my coffee in the morning I remain partially
unconscious and NOBODY GETS BREAKFAST!!!:LOL::mrgreen:

however, that may be part of the reason I myself don't eat it. it kills
my appetite. I know, most important meal of the day and all that rot,
blah de blah blah blah...just never really been a morning eater. not even
when I was a kid.

Pancakes, hash browns and extra bacon pls!

I love pancakes and hash brown for breakfast,,,if i cant make it i go go a McDonald's...:LOL:

SuperStock_1555R-24056.jpg

same here. if I don't have my coffee in the morning I remain partially
unconscious and NOBODY GETS BREAKFAST!!!:LOL::mrgreen:

however, that may be part of the reason I myself don't eat it. it kills
my appetite. I know, most important meal of the day and all that rot,
blah de blah blah blah...just never really been a morning eater. not even
when I was a kid.
Me too ellakav. Frankly most breakfast food is either too heavy (bacon and eggs fall into this category) for me to eat regularly, or too boring to eat (toast and cereal fall into this category). I'm not all the hungry when I get up so I would rather just have a cup of coffee and either scrounge some leftovers to munch on my way to work or have a yogurt. I don't feel like being inspired in the morning.

I like Breakfast, just not for breakfast. My daily favorite is coffee and leftover rice. Since I don't have that on hand at all times, I usually get greek yougurt and a banana.

Eggs are far and away the king of breakfast foods. More specifically for me, Eggs Benedict w/ a side of avocado!!! YUUUUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

I can't stand to cook in the morning, plus I never have time. Sorry to say it, but Cereal is my preferred breakfast these days. Give me a big bowl of Honey Buches of Oats and I'm good.

Pho would be my first pick. Lot of work though if you try to do it all in the morning.

Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, hashbrowns, and eggs over easy.

Congee is probably the most eaten breakfast in the world and I make that a couple of times a year. I use a slow cooker overnight and that works out pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom