"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Senior Cook

White Chocolate Roses

White Chocolate Roses

Ingredients:
4 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating
2 tablespoons corn syrup

In small saucepan over low heat, melt the candy coating, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup; cool. Wrap mixture in plastic wrap; let stand at least 4 hours or overnight.
Knead mixture until smooth. Shape mixture into about forty to fifty 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on 2 waxed paper-lined cookie sheets. Press balls with fingers to flatten into circles. Cover with waxed paper. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes for easier handling.
To form rose, roll 1 of the small circles tightly to form center. Build on center to form outer petals by wrapping remaining circles around center, overlapping slightly. Press together at base. Curl out tops of outer edges like rose petals. Roses can be made in various sizes. Flatten bottom slightly; refrigerate until firm. Place on dessert, or store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. 15 to 20 roses.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Everymom

Thanks for this recipe. I wish I felt confident enough to try it. Do you happen to have any pictures of this?

Old 10-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
That's such a lovely idea Chocoholic, I've seen them done on wedding cakes but have yet to make them myself. I've made flowers (including roses) out of both royal icing and marzipan but not white chocolate.

Alix I went googling and found this pic of white chocolate rose, perhaps it is a bit like what this recipe would look like upon completion - Sooooo beautiful!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
Master Chef

Thank you for sharing!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I wish I were confident enough to try it. Wouldn't pink or red one look nice on a Valentine's day cake?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
Head Chef

Where do I find vanilla flavored candy coating. Is this the same thing as almond bark or white chocolate chips. I guess I am confused by the terminology. I would love to try this out especially given the only chocolate I eat is white but I don't know where to find these ingredients.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta
Where do I find vanilla flavored candy coating. Is this the same thing as almond bark or white chocolate chips. I guess I am confused by the terminology. I would love to try this out especially given the only chocolate I eat is white but I don't know where to find these ingredients.
Yes, the white almond bark is the same. I think the white choc. chips are more like white chocolate, but, I'm not 100% sure.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta
Around here they can be found in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips for cookies. The craft stores have candy making sections and carry them in colors so it you want to make red white chocolate roses, you don't have to color the white (vanilla) candy coating yourself. for someone like me, the candy coating is easier to use.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Oh my gosh, those look so pretty...and it sounds good too! But there's no way I could ever do it right. I would have to practice SEVERAL times!!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
Sous Chef

But then you'd get to eat them because you can't waste the white chocolate! A good reason to practice, I'd say.