white truffle flavored flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstorm

Assistant Cook
Has anyone tried white truffle flavored flour? I know you can add it to your regular flour to add flavor to your baked goods, I was just wondering if anyone out there has actually used it and how they liked it. Just wanted to know before I purchased it!

white truffles i've heard of, though never seen. never heard of the flavored flour though. you can get truffle essence, which would be more versatile and let you control how much flavor you add.
icon12.gif

Hmmm, never heard of this product before. Do you have a link to a picture or description of it? If I ever incorporate truffle flavor into a dish that uses flour, I'll add shaved/minced truffle, truffle butter, or truffle oil.

Thanks philso for posting the link! I posted it yesterday in my reply, but I see that it's not on here....must've been when the server was down! Anyways, ironchef, let me know if the truffle flour is worth a try if you do happen to pick some up please?????? Might as well order some custard powder while I'm at it since I can't find any of that down here either!

ironchef said:
Hmmm...interesting. I only wonder if the truffle flavors get significantly or otherwise lessened through cooking since most truffle-infused foods call for them to be used as a finishing agent. I may have to pick up a jar and find out.

seems to me that it would lose as much flavor, being ground that finely, as ground herbs do after a while. sounds like just a marketing concept, but if you try it out, let us know.
icon12.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom