White Vinegar for Pet Urine Stains/odors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I use apple cider vinegar in the slaw recipe I follow.
White is preferred for masking dog urine stains in carpetting though :)

Hmmm, have to try that one then!! Since the neighbour's cat had her kittens in my house, my cats are rather unsettled and there have a few "incidents". Do you dilute it or use it straight?
Bilby,
I use it straight from the bottle. Cat and dog urine,messes,any thing is strong soooo full strength.
kades

Hmmm, have to try that one then!! Since the neighbour's cat had her kittens in my house, my cats are rather unsettled and there have a few "incidents". Do you dilute it or use it straight?

I use it half and half in a spray bottle for dog urine, but cat urine is a different animal ;) I think I read somewhere that vodka works "ok" on cat urine. Nothing works 100% IMO other than lifting the carpet, sanding the floor and then sealing it with shellac or something. Although one of my customers said this stuff worked when their older cat became incontinent, but it would be nice to do a comparison. Just cutting cat smell a little is going to be a big improvement.

And before someone can say.....
I meant using the vodka on the stain :LOL:

I use it half and half in a spray bottle for dog urine, but cat urine is a different animal ;) I think I read somewhere that vodka works "ok" on cat urine. Nothing works 100% IMO other than lifting the carpet, sanding the floor and then sealing it with shellac or something. Although one of my customers said this stuff worked when their older cat became incontinent, but it would be nice to do a comparison. Just cutting cat smell a little is going to be a big improvement.

Crap carpet over concrete, so there are smells in that fabric that predate my living here! :ohmy:

Got plenty of vodka - not sure that I want to waste it on them though!!;) Not to mention, vinegar is a lot cheaper!

I don't think we have that product here. I liked the bit underneath the picture "4 new and used" $12.99!! Not sure buying a used bottle of smell remover isn't a bit of a ripoff/scam!!!:ROFLMAO:

I'm allergic to cats so I lost my ability to smell the general smell years ago but I know when I can smell it, it must really stink!! At that point, all the big guns come out!!:wacko:

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't think we have that product here. I liked the bit underneath the picture "4 new and used" $12.99!! Not sure buying a used bottle of smell remover isn't a bit of a ripoff/scam!!!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the suggestions!
If you actually click you see all the products are new and from retailers. All Amazon ads have that at the bottom if there are multiple retailers selling a product.

IMO Natures Miracle products are amazing. I may get some of this to have on hand "just in case."

Back
Top Bottom