Who are professional chefs here? Who are just cooking junkies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all, the kitchen IS the most important room of any home.
The kitchen is the room I feel most confortable being in, and where I spend most of my time. That's why I have two of them.

Attachments

• peppers.jpg
    peppers.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Copy of volume II 066.jpg
    Copy of volume II 066.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 161
My kitchen is a mess. As said before, I had a restaruant in my house since the early '90's. We closed a couple of years ago and I have yet to renovate. The house is 111 years old. The whole thing needs to be gutted. It is still very functional and definately the centre of activity. The entrance we use the most is into this room, so it is a catch-all room with boots, jackets, keys, schoolbooks, shopping, musical intruments etc... Many meals have left this kitchen over the years. I can't wait to muster up the energy, and money, to start demolition...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
My kitchen is a mess. As said before, I had a restaruant in my house since the early '90's. We closed a couple of years ago and I have yet to renovate. The house is 111 years old. The whole thing needs to be gutted. It is still very functional and definately the centre of activity. The entrance we use the most is into this room, so it is a catch-all room with boots, jackets, keys, schoolbooks, shopping, musical intruments etc... Many meals have left this kitchen over the years. I can't wait to muster up the energy, and money, to start demolition...
I like your kitchen. It looks very functional. Everything within easy reach.
I also ran a restaurant out of my house in Cody, Wyoming, for 12 years.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

I would be in heaven in that kitchen. Look at all that space!:chef:

I'll take that 60 inch refrigerator in the back.
Yeah, I'm going to miss it. It is an oldy. I've put a new comprssor and interior fan in it. But, it is loud, expensive to run, and loftovers can get lost in there for weeks. I've pulled a few furry science projects out of there over the years:LOL:. It is great for stocking cases of beverages, and other bulk items that we pick up on special. Right now I have 6 chickens in there I need to get portioned and shrink wrapped for the freezer. But, not to worry, the next shelf down is a 24 pack of micro brewed Pilsner that will keep me in good spirits while I hack away....

Last edited:
Just joined today. Been a professional chef for more than a decade now. I apprenticed under a wonderful guy, too bad he's since moved to Germany.
I'm actually looking to get out of the business - I adore cooking, love working the line, customer accolades give me the warm fuzzies, but there's no real security or retirement. Plus my kids are growing up too fast and I need to quit working nights. I need some semblance of a social life.

Just joined today. Been a professional chef for more than a decade now. I apprenticed under a wonderful guy, too bad he's since moved to Germany.
I'm actually looking to get out of the business - I adore cooking, love working the line, customer accolades give me the warm fuzzies, but there's no real security or retirement. Plus my kids are growing up too fast and I need to quit working nights. I need some semblance of a social life.

Welcome, Rouxfy! Take your oven mitts off and stay a while.

Back
Top Bottom