Who has cute ideas for foods/presentation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePunkHippie

Assistant Cook
I visited Pinterest for the first time today, & after about half an hour I decided I don't need to waste any more time there :P

I did find 2 really cute ideas though - the first was mini apple pies that are made in muffin tins, & the second was a piece of baguette about 3" long, the insides mostly scooped out (so it's a little bowl), then dip & cut veggies put into it.

But it got me thinking about what other cute little tricks people know about - these things tend to get lost & stumbled on every now & again, & I'd love to see a discussion surrounding them :D

I visited Pinterest for the first time today, & after about half an hour I decided I don't need to waste any more time there :P

I did find 2 really cute ideas though - the first was mini apple pies that are made in muffin tins, & the second was a piece of baguette about 3" long, the insides mostly scooped out (so it's a little bowl), then dip & cut veggies put into it.

But it got me thinking about what other cute little tricks people know about - these things tend to get lost & stumbled on every now & again, & I'd love to see a discussion surrounding them :D

I love pinterest! Along the lines of what you found... I liked mini lasagnas in the muffin tins for party bites and bread cut in half with the basically the recipe for buffalo chicken dip inside. (not exact but I'm off for work and don't have time to look!) :) If anyone is on pinterest and wants to add me just let me know!

I actually wasn't that thrilled with Pinterest. I've been avoiding going there until now because I thought I'd be all "OMG must browse FOREVER"
I'm quite surprised.

But pinterest is ever changing, there are always new things to see. I'm not an addict yet, but I see some good ideas almost every day. With that said, there are lots of things that I find silly, but others might.

It's true, but it seems like 90% of Pinterest is fashion/famous people/funny pictures
I was browsing the food category only, & a good portion of it was weight loss or miscatagorized. I was there half an hour & only found 3 things that interested me, which isn't a good ratio
I'd love to find someone who just posts the cute little ideas (like the ones I saw) so I wouldn't have to wade through everything else, but I don't see it happening.

So are you looking for cute ideas for kids, adults or both? I used to bore a hole lengthwise through a potato with an an apple corer, stick a hot dog, cheese or whatever I thougt would survive 400F in the oven and fill the hole at the ends with bungs cut from the ends of the core to make a "potato surprise" ( though not much of a surprise after the first cuppla times). You have to bore a small hole through the length of the bung, though, otherwise the heated air in the middle will blow the bungs out like a pop gun.
A quick and cute idea for kids is to have some English muffins and cover them with cheese and whatever to make mini pizzas.
You can get a lot of ideas, pen illustrated instructions, and nice color plates of the finished article from How to Garnish by Harvey Rosen.It was published about 30 yrs ago, but you can still get it on Amazon for about a fin.
Cheers

Mostly adults (not having kids), but I'm a child at heart so I'd probably use kid ideas for myself :D

That potato idea is amazing, I'm going to have to do it

I like to serve dips using peppers, (green, red, yellow, orange)by cutting the tops off and removing the seeds. Try your pepper first, you might have to trim off the bottom of the pepper to make it sit flat, They look great on a platter,

I found this there and thought it was clever and easy to do for a Fourth of July celebration:

Attachments

• 206602701625512554_2CjUfslc_b.jpg
    206602701625512554_2CjUfslc_b.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 151
Giada de Laurentiis has a recipe for Spinach Salad in a Parmesan Frico Cup.
ei0917_spinachsalad_lg.jpg

I made these last Easter. My grandsons thought they were the best rolls!!

image-1147342693.jpg

Back
Top Bottom