Who has tasted real kobe beef, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kobe Beef

I have worked with a Japanese company based in Kobe, for the past 30 years. Each time I visit they traet me (and themselves) to Kobe beef at Kokobu's.

True Kobe beef is something special. The owner or his mother will present a geneology of the cow you are about to eat, with flavor ratings on a 100 point scale going back 3 generations. The meat is cooked on a bed of garlic which is later used to make garlic fried rice.

It is so tender you can cut it with a sharp look. There is really no comparison to any other beef in the world, but you have to be on a corporate expense account to really taste the good stuff.

Just once I had diner with the chairman at his favorite restaurant where they served kobe beef American style as huge steaks. Wow, simply wow. And I have no idea what it cost.

I have worked with a Japanese company based in Kobe, for the past 30 years. Each time I visit they traet me (and themselves) to Kobe beef at Kokobu's.

True Kobe beef is something special. The owner or his mother will present a geneology of the cow you are about to eat, with flavor ratings on a 100 point scale going back 3 generations. The meat is cooked on a bed of garlic which is later used to make garlic fried rice.

It is so tender you can cut it with a sharp look. There is really no comparison to any other beef in the world, but you have to be on a corporate expense account to really taste the good stuff.

Just once I had diner with the chairman at his favorite restaurant where they served kobe beef American style as huge steaks. Wow, simply wow. And I have no idea what it cost.

Thanks for your most interesting post, HT and welcome to Discuss Cooking. Hope you stick around. :)

harmonytek said:

Oh how cool, Harmonytek!

Welcome to DC!

I had it in Japan. It is very expensive. The part of the meal that I liked the best was the sashimi course. It almost melted in my mouth just form body heat.

I have had Wagyu in the US and in Chile. The US stuff some was really good and some only so so. Some of the better Korean BBQ places sell it. The Wagyu from Chile that I had was really good. This is a photo of the steak I had in Chile.

Wagyu Closeup by powerplantop, on Flickr

oh wow. how gorgeous is that--and what color!:yum:

Back
Top Bottom