Who needs tomato seeds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captain cook

Assistant Cook
I just watched a video of a guy cutting a tomato and removing the seeds. I generally don't like tomato because of the seed. I see now that a ripe tomato with the seeds removed is a whole new product. The videos on this site are incredible.

Last edited:
I never bother removing either seeds or skin from tomatoes, despite what a recipe says. In my opinion the 'seedy' bit is the tastiest part of the tomato, and the skin just adds healthy fibre to a meal.

Paint.

I'm with you, Cap'n! If it weren't for those pesky seeds, (and the skin) tomatoes would be great! But seeding them is a pain, so they usually don't get seeded around here.

By the way, I really like you moniker! Captian Cook! hehehe

Aye Mates

Aye matees. It's all a matter of taste and constitution.
Some like and some hate everything there is. As long as we all know and get what we want!

Food can do wonders for the soul
A mind at peace is nothing short of whole
Always eat it fresh
Jack fruit in Bangladesh
Have the local specials no matter where you go.

Last edited:
ya can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime....

btw, nice web site. are you jim?

did you also know that after scooping out the tomato seeds, you can save them for planting next year. you have to dry off the mucilaginous coating that prevents germination, but then you can store them it an airtight container for future plantings...

Last edited:
Here's a trick - when my tomato plants have a lot of fruit, I take a couple, squish 'em and "plant" them, putting about 1/2" of soil above them. This grows another plant, which can be transplanted when it's big enough, and the fruits are even sweeter. I learned this from my dad.
(My favorite plant grows tiny toms, about 1-1/2" around, and honestly, since last June, it has not stopped producing, and it's sweetness is that of a plum. I have never seen anything like it. The worst part is that I don't know the name of the variety!)

When I make marinara I peel and seed ... only takes a few more minutes. If I'm making a fresh (uncooked) sauce, or barely cooking the tomatoes, I do neither.

Back
Top Bottom