Whole bone-in pork loin butchering advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all, thanks yet again for letting me pick your ever so knowledgeable brains! FYI, for anyone that read my last post on removing the chine bone, silly me just took it back to the butcher and had it removed. Brilliant, I know right! :yum:

Now, my newest porky dilemma. My local Giant Eagle has whole bone-in pork loins for $1.39 per pound, the lowest I have seen pork in this area for at least a year, prolly longer. I took a look at em today, and they were awfully pretty, and huge! They are also offering to butcher whatever cut I would like for free along with the great price.

My question is, with such a huge cut, what do I ask for? I would like to see some bone in chops, roasts, and some ribs, but I don't know quite exactly what I should ask the butcher to do? I asked Google, as always, but Google is confusing the crap out of me for once, giving me 45 different options, blah. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again!

You can't really get ribs out of this cut. Roasts and chops are what a whole pork loin yields.

You can get bone in and/or boneless pork chops. Chops can be cut thinner for pan frying or thicker for stuffing. You can also have bone in or boneless loin roasts.

You can have all chops or all roasts or a combination.

Back
Top Bottom