Originally Posted by annie33
I'm new to the forum but have been reading some of the posts and thought this forum is something I could contribute to! I was interested in your problem with the cheese, I can't say in the Uk I've come across tinned cheese. However as a Home Economics teacher and having studied bacteria I would say the problem is definitely with the processing of the can and bacteria within it. Is there a sell by date on the can? If so you should return it to the store or manufacturer and explain what has happened. It would then be up to them to analise it scientifically and you could insist on feedback from them. The most harmful bacteria does not smell or taste ....you have been lucky with tasting it.
I'd love to know if you do get it professionally analised.
The sell by date on the can is for December this year.
Of course I did not get it professionally analised. I have better things to do, than that, when it has not made any of us sick. I have had food poisoning before, and it happens soon after eating something bad, and we dont have food poisoning after eating this cheese. But, if I dont post on these forums again, you can assume the bacteria is deadly.