"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #31
Executive Chef
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,465
48 hours. Mel how are you feeling.
I work in the can manufacturing industry, I'd recommend not eating food from cans that bulge, the foil tops or lids, weeping from seams, exploding cans, anything irregular in a can. Cans that are gassing hydrogen and making the cans appear to not have a tight vacuum seal--are decomposing, rotting or the food is chemically reacting with parts of the can or coatings inside the can.
If you contact the manufacturer, you'll need the printed codes from both the label, printed on the paper outside layer or on the printed can itself, as well as the codes printed on the ends of the can or under the label if it is paper. One set of codes is from the food manufacturer putting the food in the can, the other set is from the can manufacturer.
Let us know you are okay Mel. Thanks, Bliss

blissful is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.