"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Assistant Cook
Thanks for all of your time to write up some advice for me.
I must tell you one thing; I considered sticking to only cooking before reading your replies.
Firstly, my family enjoyed the biscuits – or so they said. Many complained that they are too sweet, which I can vouch for.
I get it. I’ll start weighing items rather instead of eyeing the butter block
Here is the recipe. I found it in a magazine which I can not find for the life of me now.
It said:
Melt 100grams milk chocolate and 100grams of butter over boiling water.
Mix together with 300grams of chocolate digestives, 100grams of dried cranberries and 100grams of roughly cut up white chocolate.
And then lay them out in pan with wax paper.
I’m sure children can make these biscuits without a problem, it is so easy. It’s just mixing them together.
But I think I had my grams mixed up though, lol.
My sister-in-law reminded me that I have to bake my niece’s HAPPY 4th Birthday cake in January. So, I am sticking to this forum for dear life. It will need to be in a shape of some sort and my sister pulled out all the stops for the 3rd birthday Butterfly cake.

Pastaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac
Pastaprincess, I am so glad we were all able to help, even if it was just to instill some confidence in you for baking.

Here is a link to a list of very cool and easy kid's cakes. My Mom actually made many of these for my when I was a kid and I loved them. I still remember each one fondly. You can start with a mix or a home made cake recipe. Let me know if you want easy recipes as I have a few that are in weight measures for you.

If you really do want to get into baking, I suggest you get a small kitchen scale. There are many different styles and sizes and you don't need an expensive or large one. You will never look back!

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote