"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Wild Duck!?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm just curious to know if there is anyone here that enjoys the finer points of cooking game. I'm presently working with wild duck and have several pounds of wild duck breast filets. I've been trying an assortment of recipes, some good, some not so good. The trick is to find a good marinade, especially for the darker, stronger flavored diver ducks. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Cherry wood smoked duck breast, paired with andoullie and granny smith apple confit. Finish with a wild berry sauce(shallot, garlic, raspberry, blueberry, cracked black pepper and a little thyme).

Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillKleanEat View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm just curious to know if there is anyone here that enjoys the finer points of cooking game. I'm presently working with wild duck and have several pounds of wild duck breast filets. I've been trying an assortment of recipes, some good, some not so good. The trick is to find a good marinade, especially for the darker, stronger flavored diver ducks. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
You can soak the duck apple juice or a sweet wine to tame the wild in it a bit. use plenty of fresh herbs when cooking.. When in doubt...add bacon.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Oldsquaw and buffelhead make good crab bait.