"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-29-2015, 04:41 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

Not always but occasionally. We had turkey with chipolata sausages and a white wine from Côtes du Rhône for christmas. For New Year's eve, I'm planning to order sparkling wine from Yapp and Bordeaux wine with appetizers from Delices Gourmandises.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

For sure Andy, Cabernet Sauvignon is great. I had the opportunity to taste it when I went in France last year, it smells like boysenberries and tastes fruity. Talking about fruity flavors, do you like the rosé?
The same for Chicken Curry with La Crescent, gorgeous.
I am also for changes so I often break the rules

A wonderful planning you have Carry, maybe I'm going to order drink online too for New Years Eve. As far as the accompaniment, my mother-in-law can do the work, she knows everything about regional/international food. I thought Delices Gourmandises sell gourmet food and French pastries only, it's good to hear that they sell wine too. I just wonder about the quality products.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

I always have pasta and lasagne with local made red wine

Sent from my LG-D160 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian31 View Post
A wonderful planning you have Carry, maybe I'm going to order drink online too for New Years Eve. As far as the accompaniment, my mother-in-law can do the work, she knows everything about regional/international food. I thought Delices Gourmandises sell gourmet food and French pastries only, it's good to hear that they sell wine too. I just wonder about the quality products.
That's very kind of your mother-in-law
Unfortunately,I know little about cooking, the reason why I often order
food online. I ordered a Dumangin sparkling wine from Yapp and the
Beaujolais "Chateau La Carelle" from Delices Gourmandises with a duck pate
and chicken liver salad for New Year's eve. It was quite delicious, I love the red-fruit aromas. It was not the first time I ordered wine online so nothing to worry about the quality products.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:16 AM   #15
Cook

Yeah, I just Love to do so. I usually try this for many items. Just a few weeks ago I had made garlic butter roles. Had used one added touch, white wine. And drizzled them with olive oil and added some white wine. Awesome!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 02:17 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

I have a tendancy to use wine in cooking, though my husband said I should limit myself in doing so (he thought wine may cause obesity and heart diseases) I couldn't help preparing a good seafood soups without including dry white wine either an incredible red sauces with red meat obviously with a full bodied red wine. Even for sweet desserts, sweet white wine is always on the menu. I sometimes do not understand my husband for reacting like people who have never seen benefits in wine. Don't you think that there's no risks in consuming wine in everyday life?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:11 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

Hi Granjie,

Wine is well-known to reduce risks of diabetes, breast and colon cancer even it is believed to have anti-aging power thanks to the compound of the grapes from which most of red wines are produced; it is often used to treat aging related diseases such as blood vessels growth, prostate cancer for men, liver disease...

There are so many health benefits from drinking wine but if you drink too much, for sure that you will have health problems that's why drinking two or five glasses of wine per week is best recommended.

Julian.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian31 View Post
Hi Granjie,

Wine is well-known to reduce risks of diabetes, breast and colon cancer even it is believed to have anti-aging power thanks to the compound of the grapes from which most of red wines are produced; it is often used to treat aging related diseases such as blood vessels growth, prostate cancer for men, liver disease...
Let's not exaggerate here. In moderation, wine can be part of a healthful diet, but it is not a medication used to treat illness.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #19
Senior Cook

I like pinot noir with everything and occasionally spoil myself with something French. Please pass the medicine.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I almost always enjoy wine with dinner, either out or at home and I am pretty open to different wines, but I do have several premier pairings.

If I have having rich bold beef such as a thick steak or a beef roast, they definitely require Malbec from Argentina. California Malbecs are a good subsititute.

For Italian fare I prefer a chianti or other Sangiovese.

For rich fish dishes I want a Torrontes, also from Argentina.

Milder fish I will have Pinot Grigio or Savingnon Blanc.

With pork and lamb, a good merlot, syrah (except Australian Shiraz, which I despise!) or a pinot noir.

Goat is best with Zinfandel or Tempranillo

I am bored to death with both Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon so I only drink them if my cellar is low or they are getting close to their Best By date.

Tags
food, wine