Winter Storm foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love tea, but I usually just heat water in a normal pan and pour it in my glass lol. Nothing fancy

Don't get me wrong...I can drink tea no matter where it comes from on the way to my cup. I just happen to like all of the things to go with it too.:) My Mom and I had matching china tea cups that we would have tea together while talking on the phone. She was in MI and I was here in CO. She passed away in Dec. I sure do miss her and our little tea party times!:(

Don't get me wrong...I can drink tea no matter where it comes from on the way to my cup. I just happen to like all of the things to go with it too.:) My Mom and I had matching china tea cups that we would have tea together while talking on the phone. She was in MI and I was here in CO. She passed away in Dec. I sure do miss her and our little tea party times!:(

Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you can keep the tradition going with another family member or a friend! It sounds like a wonderful thing to do together. I may try it with my mom. We both love tea, and although we aren't very far (about 2 hours) I haven't been able to get up there with the weather. We could do it over skype too.

I knew what you meant, Chopper.
Sometimes it's nice to have a little ritual when you doing something you enjoy. :)

It snowed 2 inches yesterday while I was in the grocery store for 30 minutes...today was cold, but no more snow.

I had to smuggle in the new tea pot set I bought. Shrek hasn't noticed it, yet.

Well, Princess, are you going to share what kind of Tea pot set did you get, or are you going to wait until Shrek finds it before you tell us? Description, please; picture if possible.:chef:

:LOL:

Not much snow here. Lots of wind, and it is 16 degrees below zero right now. Burrr...:shock:!

Nice to hear of another tea drinker. I just love tea pots, tea sets, tea-for-one-sets...[/QUOTE]

I've been collecting them since I was 2...they are all over the place.:)

Well, Princess, are you going to share what kind of Tea pot set did you get, or are you going to wait until Shrek finds it before you tell us? Description, please; picture if possible.:chef:
I'll get a picture tonight, getting ready for work right now.

My MIL left me her (& her Mother's) silver tea set. I'll be giving it to my Step-Daughter in a few years, when I get tired of dusiting it.:)

Greetings from Aruba!

I truly feel sorry for you guys and my family and friends in MA. However, storm foods for us will be another drink with an umbrella in it served poolside and perhaps a Caribbean lobster tail for dinner.

I may have to put on a T-Shirt if it gets too breezy tonight.

Andy, I think I hate you:LOL:
We got a little taste of storm in the night, call it an appetizer. The main course is due to start about 6pm here. They are predicting 10-16 inches of snow for us but since they always exaggerate we will probably only get 7 or 8 inches:LOL:

We have everything we need to weather the storm and I took two days off work so I don't have to drive in it. But I am trying to decide what I want to cook. If the electricity goes out we will want some foods that don't need heating. I'm kind of stuck for ideas. All I can think of at the moment is sandwiches. I have a ton of jumbo eggs that I could do something with. Maybe this is a good time to get the family to eat some raw produce!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you can keep the tradition going with another family member or a friend! It sounds like a wonderful thing to do together. I may try it with my mom. We both love tea, and although we aren't very far (about 2 hours) I haven't been able to get up there with the weather. We could do it over skype too.

Thankyou for a heartfelt responce. Please do this with your mom when you can't be together. It feels good to pass this on. My mother's death was life changing, but so were all of the special things we did together. Enjoy your mom and a good cup of tea. Give her my love!

Thankyou for a heartfelt responce. Please do this with your mom when you can't be together. It feels good to pass this on. My mother's death was life changing, but so were all of the special things we did together. Enjoy your mom and a good cup of tea. Give her my love!

I'm glad you passed it on as well. I recently got married, and moved out of the area. It has been hard on my mom because we are very close. I think this is just what we need.

Back
Top Bottom