Would a grill or griddle be better for cooking steak and chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marmuke

Assistant Cook
Hey guys, I am starting up a Mexican burrito truck and was wondering if a grill or griddle would be better for cooking steaks and chickens. I was at a local restaurant store and the owner told me that a flat griddle would be best, but I just wanted to get another opinion. Would a charbroiler be better then a griddle.

Thank You

unless you are cooking whole steaks and breasts of chicken, as well as large hunks of onion and pepper, the flat griddle is probably more useful. Cooking strips of meat and veg will be better on a flat surface. I agree with the food service pro.

Oh thanks^ I think I will start off cooking them whole on the griddle but then cut them up while they are cooking with my metal turner. Which brand of griddle do you think would be best Anvil, Adcraft, Star, or Comstock. I have been looking at a brand called Customheat but have no idea about whether they are good quality or not, the price is pretty low for them on ebay.

Thank You

Cooking them whole will take a lot more time and you will be keeping your customers waiting.

of the 4 brands you mention I know Star to be good and reliable. Ask other professionals for their choice as well as the store where you buy it. If they are honest and want your business in the future, they won't mislead you.

Back
Top Bottom