Would you eat BUGS???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple years ago our Metro Parks had a bugfest for the kids. I took my oldest grandson and he MADE me eat some crunchy chocolate covered worms. They weren't too bad, lol, it's a good thing they were covered in chocolate though. I wouldn't do it again.

Barb

I had chocolate covered bumble bees once... they were ok.
But, I wouldn't make a habit of eating any of the above mentioned creatures.

A couple years ago our Metro Parks had a bugfest for the kids. I took my oldest grandson and he MADE me eat some crunchy chocolate covered worms. They weren't too bad, lol, it's a good thing they were covered in chocolate though. I wouldn't do it again.

Barb

You're an easy pushover. :LOL:

No on purpose.

img_689799_0_c2fd01f7ebb920f4a8b33a4f5e61a2bc.jpg

When I was in high school, approximately 100 years ago, my biology teacher dared me to eat a roasted grasshopper. Someone had sent him some. I ate one but it had no taste at all. Nice and crunchy, though.

I remember seeing a Good Eats episode one time where Alton Brown was talking about a lobster being in the cockroach family so if your talking about a lobster...ABSOLUTELY!

Yes! As long as it's lobster or King crab! Otherwise, no thanks. Crabs are insects, aren't they?

No Dave - they're crustaceans. They just look like insects.:LOL: Come to think of it, I wonder what the person was thinking when he first decided to eat a crab. Had to be a guy, no woman would eat it first. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I could eat BUGS! The sight of them on the food would already bother me a little.

GF - Yeah. Would would even give them a clue it wasn't a rock?

Cayla - Check out the average percentage of bugs in ground, roasted coffee. (Sorry) (I no longer drink coffee)

I bet the termites are good! Small bugs make nice little crunchies, with not too much of the "gross it's a bug" thing going on. As long as I don't get bug goo, I am OK with bugs.

Another food that had to be "discovered" by a starving person: gizzards! (Which I love).

Even worse, consider the first eater of OYSTER.

Good point. I eat them and love them but I would never have eaten them first. AAACCKKK. And good point about them looking like rocks. Who would think oysters could be opened?

And how about squid. Just the sight of them makes me gag, but I love calamari. I just don't want to see them alive. So eating bugs may not be our thing, but there are many cultures in the world that eat them regularly and think nothing of it. We eat animals and birds, they eat bugs.
Thank God I'm in the USA. rofl.

I might eat Daffy, with a bit of orange sauce and some nice sweet potatoes. But Bugs? Naw, I'd never try to eat Bugs. You ever see what he did to the witch, or to Elmer Fudd? I'd be too scared to even try, even if he weren't so cool.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

LOL @ Gummi Worms. I myself wouldn't eat bugs. I have a hard enough time eating something a bug landed on ..

Back
Top Bottom