Would YOU eat THIS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ACtually, Andy, you can compare it to real cheese... I just did! LOLOL humor.
Seriously, there is no reason NOT to make a comparison between them.. similar or dissimilar,
any 2 products can be compared. The point I was making is that Cheez Whiz has less strange chemicals, and is less dis-similar to a chunk of cheese than many people here probably thought it did.
Aside from a huge chunk of your daily sodium intake, its not a lot different from eating that chunk of Kraft cheddar cheese. In fact, its lower in fat, cholesterol and calories.....

...Seriously, there is no reason NOT to make a comparison between them.. similar or dissimilar,
any 2 products can be compared. The point I was making is that Cheez Whiz has less strange chemicals, and is less dis-similar to a chunk of cheese than many people here probably thought it did.
Aside from a huge chunk of your daily sodium intake, its not a lot different from eating that chunk of Kraft cheddar cheese. In fact, its lower in fat, cholesterol and calories.....

Of course, you can compare any two items, no matter how dissimilar they are. It's just not always a reasonable thing to do.

As I said, Cheez Whiz is a cheese sauce. Therefore, it would be more accurate to compare it to a home made cheese sauce than to one of the ingredients in a cheese sauce.

I agree, there are not so many unnatural ingredients in the CW and it's flavor is recognizable as a cheese related product.

You would get similar results if you compared that chunk of real cheddar to Kraft Singles pasteurized processed cheese food slices. These are made of cheese, milk and other stuff. So what's the point?

ACtually, Andy, you can compare it to real cheese... I just did! LOLOL humor.
Seriously, there is no reason NOT to make a comparison between them.. similar or dissimilar,

Yes, but when you list the ingredients in cheddar cheese:

cultured milk
salt
enzymes

I'd say that cheez-whiz and cheddar are actually radically different.

And then if you actually started comparing the NUTRIENT content of the two?

Sodium, fat/carbs/proteins, calories, etc. are in all food. The question is if you would rather get them from something that is healthy or something that is unhealthy.

Mmmm...Cheez Whiz!

Hey Andy, now that you're back I'll send you that box of KD. I almost forgot til I was reading this thread.

Last edited:
Chicken McNuggets®:
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium phosphates, seasoning (canola oil, mono- and diglycerides, extractives of rosemary). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, whey, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.
CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK.

The question is if you would rather get them from something that is healthy or something that is unhealthy

THAT is my point. Cheez Whiz is a classic "food" that is a classic example of a food that many here (and elsewhere) think of as a very non-nutritive processed food.
But based on the nutrition labels, it really isn't much worse for you than cheddar.
Pick!

Back
Top Bottom