Your Pantry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guess what I did today....went a bought about 40bucks worth of pantry items lol:LOL: Made sure to buy some stuff that I wouldn't be tempted to eat unless it WAS an emergency, that way to make sure it stays stocked!;)

Hmmm....If we just went and did our "re-stocking" shopping, I would say 3 weeks tops. We don't keep much of any canned food unless its broth or tomato products....maybe some beans here and there. We have baking ingredients so I guess we could stretch some meals with homemade bread or pasta. My freezer usually has half a dozen or so steaks, a couple chickens, some family pack pork chops and chicken parts, some ground beef and maybe a pack of sausage. My fridge is mostly sauces and condiments. Soy, terriaki, demi, mustards things like that. We usually have fresh tomatos, onions, carrots, celery and bell pepper on hand.

Mmmmmaybe we could get away with 4 weeks if we really had to.

guess what I did today....went a bought about 40bucks worth of pantry items lol:LOL: Made sure to buy some stuff that I wouldn't be tempted to eat unless it WAS an emergency, that way to make sure it stays stocked!;)

:) When stocking up I always check the cans behind on shelves to see if I get an even longer exp date. I stock them according to date also you want to use the stuff you bought and the replace whilst rotating your stock. I also buy stuff when on sale pick up a few extra to add to my stock. I have a couple of boxes dried milk I would like to stock up on some dried cheese and egg powder it's pricey so unless things got really bad I will wait on those.

:(:eek: Our apt is too small to even consider long term issues. We could go maybe a week, two tops.

Just another good reason to move to a larger place!

LL

I'm with uncle bob on this. we can hunt and fish, we wouldn't starve. we have a well for water so that would be fine. We use propane to cook a full tank would last prob 6 months so that wopuld be ok, the only problem would be gas to keep to generator running for electric.

:) Slide them in boxes under the bed.

Or, use a closet in one of your extra bedrooms that's what I do!

Half of the closet in the spare bed has been converted to the "pantry" and the underbed areas are cat territory, but thank you for the ideas.

We're trying! Once I finish up with my degree and get a job, we'll be able to move into a house so I can grow vegies and have more storage space.

LL

We could live indefinitely....there are 2 well stocked freezers, a cold room, not to mention the gardens and cattle out back....but if I run out of chocolate I would walk to town no matter what the weather:pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom