Arby's Smoked Italian Porchetta review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
1024x557_Smoked_Italian_silo_tan.jpg

This is a new limited time item lasting until the end of August. I paid 5.89 for it, but you may see it for 5.49.

The sandwich included:

Smoked Provolone Cheese
Italian Pork Loin
Italian Seasoning
Banana Peppers
Red Onions
Tomatoes
Roasted Garlic Aioli
Lettuce
Red Wine Vinaigrette
Sub Roll

I picked one up with a coupon for free onion rings.

This was an impressive sandwich as all the ingredients really filled up the box they put the sandwich in.

The pork was solid.

All the ingredients worked well together.

Yes this was a bit of a messy eat though.

Another big thumbs up from me and a must try item.

Ir you Google 'images of Italian Porchetta' you will see that it's altogether different from the image - appetising though it looks - that you posted. The porchetta you get in Italy is a thing of beauty, most sold as street food, or something available from the grocer's or sandwich shop for lunch or as a snack, and it tastes amazing. It's always seasoned with salt, garlic and rosemary, and you get a big slice of it in rustic bread. There's a vendor just by the Fontana di Trevi.....Rome is a beautiful place when it's midnight, you're at the Trevi Fountain and you're munching a chunk of porchetta in rustic bread after a night at the opera!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Ir you Google 'images of Italian Porchetta' you will see that it's altogether different from the image - appetising though it looks - that you posted. The porchetta you get in Italy is a thing of beauty, most sold as street food, or something available from the grocer's or sandwich shop for lunch or as a snack, and it tastes amazing. It's always seasoned with salt, garlic and rosemary, and you get a big slice of it in rustic bread. There's a vendor just by the Fontana di Trevi.....Rome is a beautiful place when it's midnight, you're at the Trevi Fountain and you're munching a chunk of porchetta in rustic bread after a night at the opera!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

That was my first thought, too. It looks tasty, but it isn't even close to a porchetta. It should have been named something else.

CD

That was my first thought, too. It looks tasty, but it isn't even close to a porchetta. It should have been named something else.

CD

I could agree to that, but it is still worth it to try out.

Back
Top Bottom