Barilla Ready Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Just for grins, I bought a couple packets of Barilla Ready Pasta to try. Yes, pasta is already easy, and relatively quick to cook, but since I travel a lot, and stay in hotels a lot, This product could give me a microwaveable alternative to restaurant food.

The test came out a lot better than I expected. The pasta wasn't bad at all. It was a little starchy on its own, but mixed with OO or some sauce, it was fine.

I figure I can pick up some Ready Pasta, some fresh veggies, and a small jar of sauce or can of crushed tomatoes at any grocery store, and make a filling meal that is bound to be healthier than restaurant food -- and probably cheaper.

CD

Attachments

• ReadyPasta.jpg
    ReadyPasta.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
I had a pleasant encounter with some Barilla pasta this week. Before I cooked some jumbo shells for stuffed shells, I glanced at the sell by date. 2012. Seriously. I googled how to tell if pasta was too old to eat. 2 things. It will taste old or it will disintegrate when boiled. So I boiled up one shell.. tasted great and it held up well. So since I had already made the almond ricotta "cheese" and was really looking forward to trying this dish, we ate the 5 year old shells.

A year or so ago, I received a free box of this Barilla product. I wanted something quick to eat, cooked it up, added some butter with a couple of spoonful's of jarred sauce and I had myself a tasty meal.

Unfortunately for me, my store doesn't carry the Barilla Ready Pasta. They do have regular Barilla products. If they did, I would be buying it all the time.

I live in Italy, where Barilla pasta is the flagship of Italian pasta. The great majority of Italians use Barilla. I think it's good that Barilla recognise the strains of the working life of millions of people, and have the resources to come up with a solution that works really well. That, I think, is the main objective of this amazing organisation. Long may it continue!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I live in Italy, where Barilla pasta is the flagship of Italian pasta. The great majority of Italians use Barilla. I think it's good that Barilla recognise the strains of the working life of millions of people, and have the resources to come up with a solution that works really well. That, I think, is the main objective of this amazing organisation. Long may it continue!

Barilla is one of the biggest brands here, too. It is mostly what I use.

My interest in the microwaveable pasta is mainly for when I stay in hotels, which I do very often. All they have is microwave ovens and mini-fridges.

CD

Move over Ramen, the Italians are coming... :LOL:

Ross

Lol Ross. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for this, Casey. I don't travel a lot, but I spend so much time at work that a good, cheap source of cooked pasta along with a jar of sauce is a Godsend. I can eat out every night from cuisines of more than a dozen countries, all accessible within a few blocks of my job, but I often crave a simple dish of pasta in a sauce. And I don't like to pay $12 or more for it from a restaurant.

As far as Barilla goes, I'll buy a product if it suits me. Plain and simple. Barilla has had some controversy in the past, but I'm tired of everyone's protests about everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom