Burger King Bone-in BK(TM) Fire-Grilled Ribs REVIEW.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes folks I have gone and tried this limited edition item from Burger King.

What a disappointment imo on this item.

They should be called riblets, not ribs!

Each so-called rib was no more than 2.5 inches long with some meat on them.

A couple of my pieces did not have that much meat on them:(

I say you need to combine two pieces to form one full rib piece. BOOOO!!!

The meat though was nicely cooked though.

My pieces did have good amount of char and smokiness to them.

I say then meat for me came off the bone nicely. You millage may vary.

The ribs came with NO sauce on them. They included a barbecue sauce packet which was like the same sauce they already use. Should have done something special for this products.

The taste though was hardly special. You want special, go to place like Rondevous, Corky's, Tony Roma's, The Shed, etc.....

The price though WASSSS WAYYYY TOOOOOO MUCH!!!

In the end I give this product a minor thumbs down. Skip the item if you have not tried it yet posters, you are not going to miss much.

I wouldn't be surprised some ribs had less meat on them. That's true of any rack of ribs.

Thanks! My friend has been wanting to try them. I will let her know what you had to say.

:)Barbara

A few reviews are up online on this fast food product and none of them are really praising this product.

They are all in agreement that the price is too high.

Could they still make profit on the item if....:

3 pieces with a meal was 1.49
3 pieces without a meal was 2.25
6 pieces without a meal was 3.99
8 pieces without a meal was 4.99

I was really wanting to try them, thanks for the info. Maybe, its better to ask my friend who work in one of the BK outlet and bring one for me to taste it. :)

After 10 Million Ribs, Burger King Begins to Run Out

Burger King Running Out of Ribs in Special Promotion - WSJ.com

The company based its rib allotment on results from test markets of Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Greensboro, N.C., and Orlando that showed customers favoring the three-piece order, which sells at a suggested price of $2.99 on its own or $1.99 as a combination meal add-on. Burger King placed the order at least four months in advance to give supplier Tyson Foods Inc. enough lead time and to secure the best price for the ribs, which are cooked on the bone.

But since the product has been sold nationally, customers are indulging in the six- and eight-piece servings, which sell at suggested prices of $5.69 and $7.19, respectively. Burger King has already run out of packaging for the larger portions. The company didn't say how many ribs it ordered, but recently sold its 10 millionth rib.

How many are repeat buyers though!?!?!?!?!? I am surprised a bit on this news...

This link though:

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet...J/201006101221DOWJONESDJONLINE000581_univ.xml

Burger King's franchisees also are desperate to move away from the discounting spree, which many have said has put severe pressure on operating margins. The ribs cost about 50 cents a rib, according to one franchisee, and selling them in the larger sizes yields what Burger King has said is the highest "penny profit" on any item the chain's sold. Burger King declined to reveal the rib cost.

MAN that is a whole lot of profit on an item. 7.19 for 8 tiny ribs minus the 4 bucks cost on the ribs equals a whole mess load of profit for Burger King.

did i read the sign right? i think it said something like $9.50 for a meal combo?

Well Bucky this is the most expensive menu item at Burger King. It could be 8.99 or 9.49 for an 8 piece value meal which includes a medium drink and either a medium fires or medium Onion ring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom