Dunkin Doughnuts Chocolate Pretzel donut review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
promo-overlay-pretzeldonut-768x768_3.jpg

This is a new limited time item from the place.

One regular chocolate donut with pretzel pieces and caramel drizzle on top.

The taste of the chocolate donut was not bad, but not super special.

The pretzel flavor along with the caramel drizzle topping really just did not make the chocolate donut that extra special.

I am sorry to say I give this donut a minor thumbs up. I will not buy this donut again.

promo-overlay-pretzeldonut-768x768_3.jpg

This is a new limited time item from the place.

One regular chocolate donut with pretzel pieces and caramel drizzle on top.

The taste of the chocolate donut was not bad, but not super special.

The pretzel flavor along with the caramel drizzle topping really just did not make the chocolate donut that extra special.

I am sorry to say I give this donut a minor thumbs up. I will not buy this donut again.

I am disappointed in DD. As you know DD originated right here in MA. They have withheld from competing with other big name companies when it came to their doughnuts. Always a winner with their faithful customers.

Now they are producing ridiculous products.

...I am sorry to say I give this donut a minor thumbs up. I will not buy this donut again.
Don't bother buying chain donuts. Dunkin' Donuts doesn't even bake them in-house anymore. Instead they have area baking centers and truck the donuts to their locations once a day. No more "time to make the donuts" at DD.

Instead, find a local donut shop. The one I stop at bakes fresh all day and night. Yup, they're open 24-7. At certain times of the day they sell whatever is in the case dirt cheap because the next batch is gearing up to be made. If I have a taste for donuts after I grocery shop, I can usually stop by the local shop just after 6:00 PM and nab a half-dozen for $2.35. Himself and I each eat one; I plastic wrap and freezer bag the rest and tuck them into the freezer for another day. Even after a stop in the freezer, the local donut is way better than a DD in the morning...

Don't bother buying chain donuts. Dunkin' Donuts doesn't even bake them in-house anymore. Instead they have area baking centers and truck the donuts to their locations once a day. No more "time to make the donuts" at DD.

Instead, find a local donut shop. The one I stop at bakes fresh all day and night. Yup, they're open 24-7. At certain times of the day they sell whatever is in the case dirt cheap because the next batch is gearing up to be made. If I have a taste for donuts after I grocery shop, I can usually stop by the local shop just after 6:00 PM and nab a half-dozen for $2.35. Himself and I each eat one; I plastic wrap and freezer bag the rest and tuck them into the freezer for another day. Even after a stop in the freezer, the local donut is way better than a DD in the morning...

I remember when each DD had an in-house kitchen. My neighbor in Malden worked in the DD there. My girlfriend and I used to go there for coffee when he was working and he would send out a doughnut hot from the fryer for both of us. I always got plain, she the sugar raised one.

I went by the one in Malden a few years ago. They enlarged it to where the kitchen was. More seating, more money.

We had a local one that was open only on Saturday and Sunday. When the doughnuts were gone, they closed the door. They had no sign outside showing the name or even it was a bakery. The a couple of years ago, Betty died and her son who was the baker wasn't interested in continuing. Our local paper had the front page filled with all the stories of Betty's. Who in Eastie didn't know where Betty's was.

Now the doughnuts were nothing to write home about except for the nostalgia and the taste. I always got a plain on. It sat in your stomach for hours, grease and all. But it tasted so good. I could only eat half now, the other half the next day.

I try not to eat doughnuts, they make my blood sugar go crazy. But, whenever Krispy Kreme doughnuts are being sold for fundraisers, it's hopeless - they're one o my weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom