Fast Food Item Review #100: Arby's Venison Sandwich!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
1024x557_Venison_silo_tan.jpg

Okay readers I did not fully plan for this one to be review number 100, but including all the trips to Dunkin Donuts this is the 100th item I have reviewed from a fast food joint for this messagebord.

I got to my local Arby's today and all I could see was a small display for this on the order counter.

The price for just the sandwich was 7 bucks and in a small meal it was 10 bucks!.

For seven bucks you got:

Crispy onions
Juniper Berry Steak Sauce
Venison Steak
Star Top Bun

The Venison was pink in the middle which I would say it is what I wanted.

This sandwich had a hard bite. It was hard to get some meat off of it.

The chew though was really great.

The sauce was really solid.

After eating it the people behind the counter asked me how was the sandwich and they agreed with me.

I still will give this experience a big thumbs up. It was certainly worth the one try of it.

I do not know how much supply one place has, but this is limited for sure.

200 East 144th Ave., Thornton, Colorado 80023
2607 CY Ave., Casper, Wyoming 82604
2834 King Ave. W, Billings, Montana 59102

These have the REALLY exclusive Elk sandwich along with the venison.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review!

I bet the cows like the new venison steak sandwich!!!

I'm surprised it was still pink in the center, the promotional materials say the venison steak cooks for 3 hours.

I would give it a try but I wouldn't knock anybody over to get one! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

<<<getting up off floor->><

Yeah, says you, AB.

<<<getting up off floor again>>>

Oh, c'mon Princess. You too?

I'd love to try it. I wish there was an Arby's near here. Their commercials always look so good.

<<<getting up off floor->><

Yeah, says you, AB.

<<<getting up off floor again>>>

Oh, c'mon Princess. You too?

I'd love to try it. I wish there was an Arby's near here. Their commercials always look so good.

Why not? Expands my fast food choices, just wish I could make it to Casper and back in time for work to nab an Elk sandwich. I grew up eating Venison and Elk.

Yeah, that seems kinda weird. Offering a chunk of meat on a sandwich.

Is it mechanically tenderized, at least?

I have no clue. All you get is like a 5 ounce piece of Venison which is a nice size.

After trying, I am sure it is Sous Vide and run through the grill tunnel to sear the outside. Nicely tender once cut into pieces. I was unable to bite a piece off, resorted to knife and fork. Looks like a tenderloin, butterflied, nice a pink in the middle. The juniper sauce is good, but save some fries to cleanse your palate. I had the bitter taste of the juniper in my mouth for about an hour.

In all, a nice change from other offerings and I may or may not get another. Nothing to write home about, but it was good.

I do not think I would not try it again this year. The one thing for sure is Arby's is the only USA fast rood joint with the guts enough to do something like this.

Back
Top Bottom