Kettle Brand Mango Chili Potato Chips review!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes posters I have spent the money and have shipped to me the limited edition set of five FIRE and SPICE potato chips. It took like a week to get to my house.

Natural Potato Chips & Healthy Snack Foods :: KettleFoods.com

The potato chips were sent in a nice cardboard box with like a mustardy yellow and black box with an orangy/red swirl on it. On the back of the box they have the potato chip flavor names, ingredient list and nutritional information.

Inside the box was the bill which was nothing special.

The included paper booklet was REALLY nice though. In the booklet included one set of flavor cards, 24 stickers, 12 voting cards, some information on how to eat the chips, and some spicy truths and rumors. The flavor cards include nutritional information, description of the chip you are eating, and a nice graphic.

The bags of potato chips are five ounces in size. They included only the same picture on the flavor card which is a on a sticker and on the back a sell by date. Each bag of chips is white in color.

I will review all five limited edition chips in this thread.

Onto the Mango Chili Potato Chips review:

The chips are not rippled, but have a nice thickness to them.

It was hard to tell if the chips had any flavoring to them, and some chips had less flavoring than others.

The spiciness level in this chip is all up front if you get a highly spiced chip. A highly spiced chip can make your nose run and you eyes watter.

The mango flavor was really good though. Gave it a fruity taste which I really liked.

A thumbs up from me, but have to taste the rest of the other chips though.

Okay posters onto the Wicked Hot Sauce potato chips review:

I would rather call it WEAK Hot Sauce imo.

With this chip you can easily see some sort of a flavoring on it. The chips looked brownish in color.

The spiciness level in this chip was all in the back this time. A highly spiced chip for me this time at best made my nose run slightly. This chip does leave some spicy aftertaste for a while, which was nice.

The flavor of this chip was not really that great though.

This chip needed some habanero seasoning like the Mango Chili potato chip did imo.

I rate this chip lower than the Mango Chili, but I still have three more chips to taste.

Okay posters onto the Orange Ginger Wasabi potato chips review:

This chip did not showcase a whole load of seasoning on it, but you can sure taste the flavor. Chip color was a bit yellowish.

I would say the spiciness level in the back end for this chip. A really spicy chip might make your eyes watter slightly, but this chip was not that hot.

The flavor though was odd, but I liked it more than Wicked Hot Sauce chip though.

I still have two more flavors left to try out before I can fully rank them all.

Okay posters onto the Jalapeño Salsa Fresca potato chips review:

The chip was brownish in color like the Wicked Hot Sauce chip was. Had a lot of red tomato specs on the chip.

A potato chip that certainly leaves some seasoning residue on your hands after eating it.

Flavors you can certainly taste on this chip is the tomato and lime flavor with some jalapeño kick to it.

For me this chip was not too hot and I did not really like the flavor too much.

The spiciness level could bring you to have a slight nose blow though.

I liked this chip better than the Wicked Hot Sauce chip, but below the Orange Ginger Wasabi chip.

Okay posters onto the Death Valley Chipotle potato chips review:

This is the final chip in the limited edition set of five FIRE and SPICE potato chips I am eating.

This chip was Orangish in color and had a lot of seasoning on it.

Another potato chip that certainly leaves some seasoning residue on your hands after eating it.

The chip has a smoky flavor to it and a fair amount of heat to it. Not as hot as I thought the chip would turn out to be though.

Has a nice aftertaste though.

A real spicy chip can make your nose run.

I kinda liked the flavor of this chip, but the best flavor was the Mango Chili imo.

Best to worst chips

1) Mango Chili
2) Death Valley Chipotle
3) Orange Ginger Wasabi
4) Jalapeño Salsa Fresca
5) Wicked Hot Sauce

Star Rankings from 1-5

Mango Chili 5 stars
Death Valley Chipotle 4 stars
Orange Ginger Wasabi 3 stars
Jalapeño Salsa Fresca 2.5 stars -- 2 Stars on Kettle Foods.com
Wicked Hot Sauce 2 Stars

Voting as I saw it on Kettlefoods.com

Death Valley Chipolte Slightly in the lead
Jalepeno Salsa Fresca Slightly below Death Valley Chipolte
Mango Chili Slightly Below Jalepeno Salsa Fresca
Wicked Hot Sauce Slightly below Mango Chili
Orange Ginger Wasabi way in LAST place.

Last edited:
The Final votes are in at Kettle foods and this is the top five:

1. Death Valley Chipotle™
2. Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
3. Mango Chili
4. Wicked Hot Sauce
5. Orange Ginger Wasabi

Mango chili chips sounds great. I would like to taste them.

Better hurry quick. They will not produce any more mango chili chips after January. You can only get them from the official website.

I love Kettle Chips, I didnt know you could order limited edition flavors from their website - I have to try that mango chip - yum!

chip

bought a kettle chip with salt and ground pepper. not sure same company. certainly same method of cooking. ripplie chip. some and to many i think were over cooked, just shy of burned. otherwise, addicting and good

babe

Back
Top Bottom