KFC Smokey Chipolte Chicken review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Commercials were out for this product and I finally tried some today.

Same old Crispy KFC chicken with some special seasoning on it.

The special seasoning was a complete waste of time.

You can taste some flavoring, but soooooo little of it did not matter.

It was hardly spicy at all.

A minor thumbs down for me. They really could have done more with this flavoring.

I love KFC. I just wish there was one closer to me.
Can't wait to try it out, but I plan on getting a mixed bucket just in case.

I love KFC. I just wish there was one closer to me.
Can't wait to try it out, but I plan on getting a mixed bucket just in case.

You can get a mixed bucket, but you are not really going to know the difference.

I had spicier chicken sandwiches from Wendy's than this stuff from KFC.

Ours are kinda weird here. If I go to the one on Cicero Ave. they only sell original and spicy. If I go to the one on Ogden they sell original and extra crispy. I don't like the spicy as it ends up overwhelming the chicken without adding much in the way of flavor. I was hoping this one would add flavor without being too spicy.

Thanks for the review on this. I never ever go get KFC, although I used to like it like everyone else, I found a restaurant owners manual/guide/magazine that I read cover to cover. Very telling about certain restaurant chains this being one of them. What I found out is reason for me to not step inside their door. Nor do I go to MCD's for their chicken products either. When I'm hungry though and see commercials on food products it does make me want to.

Never heard of it, but then there aren't any within 20-30 miles, so no great lose.
I haven't seen commercials either. Could it be a regional thing?
Anyway, the last time I had it I wondered if they would sell the crispy w/o the chicken, which was dry, reheated, reheated, reheated. I guess it was a slow business day.​

You can get a mixed bucket, but you are not really going to know the difference.

I had spicier chicken sandwiches from Wendy's than this stuff from KFC.

That's OK. I don't expect much from them or any fast food place. Just a changeup is nice sometimes.
Sure wish Mickey D's would bring back that BBQ rib sandwich, for the same reeason.....

That's OK. I don't expect much from them or any fast food place. Just a changeup is nice sometimes.
Sure wish Mickey D's would bring back that BBQ rib sandwich, for the same reeason.....

They have it here for most of the summer, but I always argue with them because I want more than two pickles on it. Same with their new Southern Sandwich, just two pickles and a bun... for $3 gimme a break and load that thing up!

don't do kfc very often. when i do i am resigned to the fact it often is cold and always very fatty.

heart attack in a bun on the sandwiches. never the less i love the little 99 cent chicken sandwich.

babe:LOL:

Lately DW and I have been filling out the surveys on the back of the recipts, calling the 800 numbers, etc whenever we have a bad experience.
It is amazing the number of coupons we have gotten in the last couple of months...
And we even got one Burger King to finally, after three months, fix its shake machine!

If you are talking about their fries, yea never get them. One rule we have for most fast food is we only go when it is busy, and towards the end of the busy time. Also, for sides we stick to things like mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans. They are good and we never have a problem with them.
Another trick on fast food places is always do a custom order. Hold the pickles, or double the cheese, no salt on the fries (then ask for salt packets, gets em every time!). When it is made to order it is fresher.

McRib sandwiches are always great, but they will only sell them if they can get a great deal on pork. Not going to see them often at all now.

That's what I heard, kleenex. They couldn't find a good supplier for my area, so no McRibs. I've only seen them once since they were first introduced, locally.

We tried the KFC Smoky Chipotle chicken. Ick, all hotness no flavor in my opinion, couldn't taste any 'smoky' in it at all. DW liked it though...

Back
Top Bottom