McDonald's McRib Review!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well... whatever floats your boat, mate. :)

Meanwhile, I'll happily stick to roast pork all caramalisy-brown and cracklingly fragrant out the oven, sprinkled with lovely fresh sage and thyme, served with roast potaotes, beautiful little parsnips and all the trimmings, homemade gravy poured over and delicious stewed apple on the side.

Each to their own.
I concur, for you poppigarden 2.jpg

There is a shop in the center of Wolverhampton that roasts pork all day, they then sell you the basic roll filled with pork, the optional extra's are gravy, stuffing, apple sauce, crackling. I asked how many they sold at lunchtime, would you believe 2 to300 fantastic fast food.

wrong-o undeer, but on the right track
The reason it rolls out nationwide so rarely, is that it uses specific cuts of pork, not trimmings, and when they do a national roll out, it screws up the pork market pricing because all of the meat it ...takes off the market. They can afford an LTO, but year round it would get too expensive to make.
Unlike sausage which is made from trimmings, to get the texture and bind right they use primarilly pork butts and picnics. This unusual demand cycle pulls a lot out of the retail stream and into the industrial stream which drives the price of these particular cuts up during the periods they make it. Trimmings have more conenctive tissue which can cause the product to fall apart, the whole muscle primals have significantly less connective tissues so it performs better.
Also
McD's president Jan Fields states, "It doesn't sell well all year long because people get tired of it."

People get tired of it???? But the Big Mac and Fliet O Fish have been on the menu for decades and we do not get tired of them???

I'm sure these fat loaded greasy McDonalds 'ribs, Big Macs etc work wonders for the average teenager's complexion. Not.

People get tired of it???? But the Big Mac and Fliet O Fish have been on the menu for decades and we do not get tired of them???

I bet you they end up selling more this way than if it was offered year round... but I could be wrong. When something is limited, we naturally want all we can get our hands on, and this is no exception. It is a good sandwich if you can avoid thinking about what you're eating... but that goes for all of McD's food. I eat there when most of my other options have fallen through, maybe once or twice a month.

Okay posters, Yesterday I went back to the SAME McDonald's I went to try to get another McRib sandwich and the lady told me they were all of them:pig::shock::(

I'm sure it tastes divine, especially on an empty tum and you're on the road in the pouring rain and starving hungry. But sorry, I don't give thumbs up. That pressed pork piece is MRM: Mechanically Reprocessed Meat.

Have you ever seen MRM being made? I hope not. McDonalds' food manufacturing contractors throw just about every part of the pig but its squeal into their stainless steel MRM mixers. And the thought of that puts me off any McD's for life.

I've seen tiny air bubbles in bits of processed chicken, and did the same. >_<

There's a strangeness about McDonalds food. If you're not hungry and happen to be walking past one of their restaurants, their cooking smells is a terrible turnoff. But if you're starving hungry, maybe stressed a little and there's nowhere else to eat, then sinking one's face into a MacRib (figuratively speaking as I’ve never done so nor wish to) must be heaven on earth. A few times and only because my boy George was hungry, I've bought a Big Mac. Actually, two. He eats like a horse. :XD But McDs, they fill a market as well as tummies and somehow, cutomers come away happy.

Means to an end, really. Eat and be happy. But with MRM, sometimes ignorance is bliss. :LOL:

Well... whatever floats your boat, mate. :)

Meanwhile, I'll happily stick to roast pork all caramalisy-brown and cracklingly fragrant out the oven, sprinkled with lovely fresh sage and thyme, served with roast potaotes, beautiful little parsnips and all the trimmings, homemade gravy poured over and delicious stewed apple on the side.

Each to their own.

I didn't say I liked the McRib, just that you were slamming the process incorrectly, and making it sound like some "mystery" meat

This is my honest opinion.

I tried these the first time around. I would rather give birth natural for the 3rd time than EVER eat another one of those!! IMO they taste like POOP!! JMO

Now on the other hand I would LOVE if McDonald's would bring back the Mighty Wings (I think that was the name) which were basically hot wings without the sauce and 10,000 times better than the ones KFC have/had.

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!

I love a good SF reference!
Now I am going to have to do a double feature of Soylent Green and the Omega Man!! Maybe throw in the original POTA!! "Get your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty apes!!"

Now I am going to have to do a double feature of Soylent Green and the Omega Man!! Maybe throw in the original POTA!! "Get your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty apes!!"

Now that sounds like fun! I'll bring the chips. And I won't never call you "Mama" again no way, no how!!!:LOL: Did I get the right number of negatives in there?

Now that sounds like fun! I'll bring the chips. And I won't never call you "Mama" again no way, no how!!!:LOL: Did I get the right number of negatives in there?
I'll make the salsa, blue cheese dip & onion dip!! LOL We'll need Doritos, Tortilla chips, Wise ridges Sour Cream & onion chips and Wise original natural potato chips. :LOL::LOL:

This is my honest opinion.

I tried these the first time around. I would rather give birth natural for the 3rd time than EVER eat another one of those!! IMO they taste like POOP!! JMO

That is a complete 180 from my review. I guess someone at this messageboard does not like the McRib.

A couple of bbq sites I belong to are having McRib throwdowns. It's amazing what you can do with this piece of formed meat.

That should be interesting. Keep us posted will ya?

I tried it once when it first came out. I found it disappointing. While I was shopping at WalMart today, they have a McDonalds there. I bought an Angus beef with mushrooms and swiss. a big delicious burger, with enough left over for later. Another shopper from my apartments came out with a McRib. She wolfed it down. Some like it, some don't.

Back
Top Bottom