"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Food and Cooking Gear Reviews

Old 07-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I wish my blender would break! I think it was a wedding present 31 years ago! I'd love to have an updated one. Same with my food processor - it's 26 years old.

Wowsers! The fact that they're still working is a testament to their quality.. I'd want to hang on to them :)

Old 07-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I wish my blender would break! I think it was a wedding present 31 years ago! I'd love to have an updated one. Same with my food processor - it's 26 years old.
I'm still using my Mom's Oster Kitchen Center's blender and stand mixer functions. I remember that appliance in our first house in Cleveland. We moved from that house in 1957! It's old, it's a little this side of ugly, but it works. That, sadly, can't be said about a lot of today's pretty kitchen toys.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardchoille View Post
Wowsers! The fact that they're still working is a testament to their quality.. I'd want to hang on to them :)
I have a Robot Coupe Food Processor. It was made when the company was in France and hadn't spread to the U.S. It is so solid and extremely heavy. Heavier than my KA. It sits on the back on my counter and since it is so heavy, I am always hesitant to use it. I am going to let Spike have it with all the parts and blades. I have a small Sunbeam Oskar FP that I use all the time. Just the right size for a person who lives alone.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm still using my Mom's Oster Kitchen Center's blender and stand mixer functions. I remember that appliance in our first house in Cleveland. We moved from that house in 1957! It's old, it's a little this side of ugly, but it works. That, sadly, can't be said about a lot of today's pretty kitchen toys.
Mine is an Oster, too
Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardchoille View Post
They are good quality. The food processor is too small for my needs now, though. The bowl only holds a quart. I'd like to be able to make more than one cup of pesto at a time, for example.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Last year I decided that I wanted a bigger food processor. The one I had was bought in the '80s and might not even have held a quart. I gave that one to a friend who is single. I replaced it with a three bowl Cuisinart. The largest bowl holds 10 cups. It's even more of a nuisance to wash than the smaller one was. I'm still glad I have it. The motor is more powerful too.