Papa John's XL Monster Topping Pizza Review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Back to this place again for a New pizza...

I got a 16" pizza for 12 bucks plus tax which is not bad.

The pizza is topped with over-sized pepperoni and Italian sausage plus regular Italian sausage.

This was one of the better pizzas I got from this place.

It was fully loaded with meat toppings which is what I want on a pizza.

Did have a little bit of spice due to the toppings.

Taste was not bad.

I have to give this pizza a big thumbs up.

I can't stand the pizza from any of the chains; Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Siesure, etc. You might as well get a frozen rising crust pizza from the supermarket and bake it your own self.

You can't beat a local pizza place run by real pizza makers (preferably Italians, or even better Sicilians) not a bunch of high school kids. When it comes to good pizza, cost doesn't even enter the picture.

Last edited:
Papa John's has both spicy and regular sausage. I once made the mistake of ordering the regular sausage which tastes like breakfast sausage links...bla!

Just look up "Papa John's coupons" on the net, copy the code for a coupon, do a net order and copy the code into the coupon box at the checkout. I got a large 2 topping pizza for $10 (carryout).

Last edited:
A Papa Johns opened up here a couple of years ago and I still haven't gone. We've only got a few pizza chains here in town, and the only one I go to now and then is Pizza Factory. I like their artichoke, olive oil and mozzarella thin crust. :)

I was just responding to the original post. We do have a great pizzeria in our neighborhood. The owner is from NYC and imported his pizza oven from there. You can't mistake the accent :) But his pies cost triple a Domino's pizza, so we don't get them every time.

We actually get decent pizza here in our small town. We got a really crappy pizza a couple years ago from one of the local chains, and I emailed them about how bad it was. I got an email back with an apology, along with a 2 pizza- worth credit. It's been great ever since.

We are very fortunate here in that we have Santarpio's which makes a number of the lists of "America's Best Pizzas" quite often. And it has been named "The Best of Boston" for a number of years in a row. It has been owned and operated by the same family before I was even born. It is made in a barroom that is greasy and dirty. But the pizzas are thin crust slightly over done with a slight hint of char on it and cornmeal on the bottom. In the summer the line is around the block.

It is made and always has been, over an open fire pit.

One year a flight got held up at Logan Airport because the crew had ordered enough pizzas for the whole cabin. They were waiting for the pilot to come back with them. :angel:

I'm surprised none of the major pizza chains offer up a hearty meatball sandwich, with thick bread, good sauce and good meatballs. Do any sell one?

With Subway's meatball sandwiches, the bread gets compressed in your hand as your eating it so that you end up eating squashed down to nothing bread with meatballs and sauce between. A good meatball sandwich needs freshly baked fluffy bread to go with it. Subway bakes their own bread, but for meatball sammies, Subways "freshly baked bread" compresses down to nothing. That's not my idea of an authentic Italian meatball sandwich. Subway recently changed their bread texture to a more " soft and spongy" texture, as if that was an improvement.

I miss enjoying a good authentic meatball sandwich, from an Italian restaurant, with good bread.
Not that fluffy spongy bread Subway bakes nowadays.

Last edited:
Bread today is getting more refined and fluffier in texture. Rainbo brand white bread is the only bread I buy now because it has a firmer texture to it.

It'd blows my mind...there are like 3 or 4 major bakeries that supply all the baked products we buy off the shelves. I get to wondering if they dictate things in the backround that we're not up on. Wielding a sort of Freemason power, lol. 60's minutes will do a story on it someday, I predict.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom