Popeye's Ghost Pepper Wings Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebsQ1xes_Hk

Yes folks this is supposed to be a brand new limited time item from the company.

So I go to my local Popeye's and I see on the menu board that they are selling them in a six piece meal and showed off the price which is a good sign.

I go up to the counter to place an order and they say they did not have them. I stall for a few seconds and the manager does come walking through. The person who took my order asked if they had them in and he said yes.

For 4.99 I got six wings, fries and a biscuit.

I MUST have been the first one at the place to even order it. I had a seven minute wait time.

If this item was supposed to have the same look as the chicken strip breading wise it sure did not look like it at all. I barley had any breading at all. Could it be the man in the back doing the mixing messed up!?!?!

The first wing hardly had any heat. The second wing did have some heat, the rest of the order did not... The wings were not even big at all.

The fries and biscuit were as good as usual.

This is the first time I have been at that place and had a flop.

In the end I still had to blow my nose which was odd considering I did have much heat at all.

I may even go back to that place next month to try it again and see if the coating is better this time. I still want to taste the mystery of the ghost pepper.

A thumbs down for me on this item for now:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Last edited:
We need a popeyes in my area. Its 3x better than KFC. But I do think KFC has the edge on their mac n cheese. But neither is that great.

Based upon other comments from people that I saw that tried the product posted at other websites that have reviewed this product I have no real reason to try this again.

They have the same complaint that I have. The heat level was lacking and breading problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom