Products that really do work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what the brand name is, but there are so many of them, I don't think it will be a problem to find one. The one I have is stainless mesh, and like the others I've seen, it has expandable/retractable "legs." The legs also have rubberized bottoms to grip onto the edges of the sink. Just give your sink a measure and look at some of the colanders offered on the online shopping sites and you should find a match, even with an uneven sink.

Thanks!

Okay here is another one.......... Venus Embrace Razor for Women........I love this thing. It has 5 blades and moisturing pads. My legs are soooo smooth and no nicks. Granted its a little on the pricey side between 9 and 10 dollars. The razor that comes with 2 blades and a holder that suction cups on the shower wall. Its the best shaving experience I've ever had. I can't stand the cheap razors cause I always nick myself so badly.
I was using the men's Gillette Mack something. This razor did shave well but it didn't give me the silky smooth feel this womans one does. Someone on one of the daytime shows talked about how much she loved this particular Venus razor so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm now a devoted fan.

I use Venus Breeze. They are great, arent they?

Okay, face cream, sink colanders, razors--you guys are starting to cost me money!

I'm doing a deep clean on my house and how about those Magic Erasers? They are amazing for so many things.

Okay, face cream, sink colanders, razors--you guys are starting to cost me money!

I'm doing a deep clean on my house and how about those Magic Erasers? They are amazing for so many things.

HMG....I've only used the magic erasers a few times when my son decided he wanted to mark all over my chenille sofa......:ohmy:. I can confirm they did the job beautifully.

And yes texasG I love my razor in fact my legs are silky smooth as I type ;)

JillB as far as the colander it sounds wonderful and I think I may have to look into one of those. Are the holes very big? I make a lot of salsa and used the canned diced tomatoes alot and always let them drain well. Do you think the holes will get plugged up easily?

HMG....I've only used the magic erasers a few times when my son decided he wanted to mark all over my chenille sofa......:ohmy:. I can confirm they did the job beautifully.

And yes texasG I love my razor in fact my legs are silky smooth as I type ;)

JillB as far as the colander it sounds wonderful and I think I may have to look into one of those. Are the holes very big? I make a lot of salsa and used the canned diced tomatoes alot and always let them drain well. Do you think the holes will get plugged up easily?
No it's easy to clean for me. The one I'm using is fine mesh like a strainer but I've even seen collapsible silicone ones that store easily and fit in the DW. I don't think they stretch to different sizes for different sinks though so be careful.

I guess I'll give in and look for a photo similar to mine...
:rolleyes:
Okay, this looks nearly identical: http://www.amazon.com/Amco-Over-the...2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1216767785&sr=8-2

I think that would work perfectly and the stainless steel would go with my kitchen perfectly since I already have that in other areas of the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!

Ha ha I just realized I was using "DW" for dishwasher, but we use that for something else around here...

Which maybe made this sentence sound risque:
:LOL::ermm::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
The one I'm using is fine mesh like a strainer but I've even seen collapsible silicone ones that store easily and fit in the DW.
:huh:

I'm not sure of the name, but I think it is called Flip & Fold--the thing they advertised for a long time, to fold T-shirts. That thing works great! Just like they show on TV. Also, another gadget they advertised heavily--the thing to bread your food for frying. You put the flour, crumbs, etc. in one part, put the separator (with holes in it) on, then put your meat, vegetables, etc. on, and close it. You just turn it over a couple times and everything is evenly coated. Sorry I can't remember the name, but it works great too.

:)Barbara

Here is a product that I just found and have fallen in love with. It is called BODY GLIDE.

This stuff is amazing. If you have a problem with chaffing then this stuff will amaze you. Just rub it on anywhere that you have a problem and the chaffing is gone completely. It is not sticky or slimy or anything like that. It does not come off in the water so if you are hiking and jump into a lake to cool off and then continue on your hike you do not even need to reapply.

I can not say enough about this stuff. Amazon has it, but it was more expensive than I wanted to pay so I went to Body Glides site here and clicked on the link to find a store near me that carries it. I found two stores that have it and both of them raved about it when I called to see if they had any in stock. I will never be without this stuff again.

No it's easy to clean for me. The one I'm using is fine mesh like a strainer but I've even seen collapsible silicone ones that store easily and fit in the DW. I don't think they stretch to different sizes for different sinks though so be careful.

I guess I'll give in and look for a photo similar to mine...
:rolleyes:
Okay, this looks nearly identical: Amazon.com: Amco Over the Sink Colander: Home & Garden

I have one of those, I really like it a lot.

I've seen those folding things at stores when employees are folding the clothing but never seen a commercial for them. That could come in handy.....I'm off to do an Ebay search....thanks!

Update on the face cream after 2 weeks........no more additional changes in the scar but its so nice that its not as noticeable that even if it doesn't completely fill in I never imagined it to fill in as much as it did so I'm very thankful.
I have noticed the worry line I have between my eyes is not as deep as it was.
I bought the new visibly firming night cream yesterday and used it for the first time last night. I'll let you know more after using it for awhile.

I've seen those folding things at stores when employees are folding the clothing but never seen a commercial for them. That could come in handy.....I'm off to do an Ebay search....thanks!
I paid $5 at Eckerd's a couple years ago. You might find it cheaper locally than on ebay.

I'm not sure of the name, but I think it is called Flip & Fold--the thing they advertised for a long time, to fold T-shirts. That thing works great! Just like they show on TV.
I made one of those out of cardboard and duct tape. I cost me pennies to make and took about 2 minutes. It worked like a charm.

I made one of those out of cardboard and duct tape. I cost me pennies to make and took about 2 minutes. It worked like a charm.
I'm glad it worked! In this case though, I'll save my money on other things and pay the $5 for this! (Although, if I had known how to do it before I bought it, who knows--I might have made one too!).

I'm going to have to try that sometime. I've seen it before, but I haven't tried it. The flip and fold thing is just as fast though, and you don't end up with the sleeve behind the whole shirt. I want to try this method, but since I already have the thing, I may as well keep using it! Thanks Andy!

Can I revive this thread? Has anybody tried Curel "Natural Healing" lotions? For some time they were in green bottles, and I just LOVE them. I can tell you, all lotions are not created equal! There was a cucumber and Aloe version that I cannot find now, and I hope it has not gone by the wayside.

I would also like to plug something called Batter Blaster (Google it, last time I tried to post a link, I think I got in trouble). It's organic wheat pancake batter in a can like Reddi Whip, so you squirt it right into the pan. Now, I am all about homemade goodness, but we sort of "camp" on our boat during the warmer months, and so this found its way into my cart for the cooler. FABULOUS product, and how many convenience products are even remotely healthy? Try it with homemade jam! :)

Can I revive this thread? Has anybody tried Curel "Natural Healing" lotions? For some time they were in green bottles, and I just LOVE them. I can tell you, all lotions are not created equal! There was a cucumber and Aloe version that I cannot find now, and I hope it has not gone by the wayside.

I would also like to plug something called Batter Blaster (Google it, last time I tried to post a link, I think I got in trouble). It's organic wheat pancake batter in a can like Reddi Whip, so you squirt it right into the pan. Now, I am all about homemade goodness, but we sort of "camp" on our boat during the warmer months, and so this found its way into my cart for the cooler. FABULOUS product, and how many convenience products are even remotely healthy? Try it with homemade jam! :)

Thanks for the hints, AMS........I use a lot of Curel products and they're great over here where dry skin is a real problem.......will have to try Batter Blaster when I get home......sounds easy-peasy esp. if you have a hungry child that wants to eat NOW........

A product that I've found really works is Sudden Change Eye Gel with Green Tea.......it has the consistency of aloe and feels so cool under poor tired eys that have bags under them from lack of sleep or allergies......really does help to reduce puffiness and lines......found it at Walgreen's---comes in a .75oz/21gm jar but the box that it comes in is bigger..........just plain tea bags over the eyes works too and feels great but who has time to lay down in the morning after waking up? Put this stuff on and go........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom