"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Food and Cooking Gear Reviews

Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBurgh View Post
I'm not sure what the brand name is, but there are so many of them, I don't think it will be a problem to find one. The one I have is stainless mesh, and like the others I've seen, it has expandable/retractable "legs." The legs also have rubberized bottoms to grip onto the edges of the sink. Just give your sink a measure and look at some of the colanders offered on the online shopping sites and you should find a match, even with an uneven sink.
Thanks!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN View Post
Okay here is another one.......... Venus Embrace Razor for Women........I love this thing. It has 5 blades and moisturing pads. My legs are soooo smooth and no nicks. Granted its a little on the pricey side between 9 and 10 dollars. The razor that comes with 2 blades and a holder that suction cups on the shower wall. Its the best shaving experience I've ever had. I can't stand the cheap razors cause I always nick myself so badly.
I was using the men's Gillette Mack something. This razor did shave well but it didn't give me the silky smooth feel this womans one does. Someone on one of the daytime shows talked about how much she loved this particular Venus razor so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm now a devoted fan.
I use Venus Breeze. They are great, arent they?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
Senior Cook

Okay, face cream, sink colanders, razors--you guys are starting to cost me money!

I'm doing a deep clean on my house and how about those Magic Erasers? They are amazing for so many things.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMGgal View Post
Okay, face cream, sink colanders, razors--you guys are starting to cost me money!

I'm doing a deep clean on my house and how about those Magic Erasers? They are amazing for so many things.

HMG....I've only used the magic erasers a few times when my son decided he wanted to mark all over my chenille sofa....... I can confirm they did the job beautifully.

And yes texasG I love my razor in fact my legs are silky smooth as I type

JillB as far as the colander it sounds wonderful and I think I may have to look into one of those. Are the holes very big? I make a lot of salsa and used the canned diced tomatoes alot and always let them drain well. Do you think the holes will get plugged up easily?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN View Post
HMG....I've only used the magic erasers a few times when my son decided he wanted to mark all over my chenille sofa....... I can confirm they did the job beautifully.

And yes texasG I love my razor in fact my legs are silky smooth as I type

JillB as far as the colander it sounds wonderful and I think I may have to look into one of those. Are the holes very big? I make a lot of salsa and used the canned diced tomatoes alot and always let them drain well. Do you think the holes will get plugged up easily?
No it's easy to clean for me. The one I'm using is fine mesh like a strainer but I've even seen collapsible silicone ones that store easily and fit in the DW. I don't think they stretch to different sizes for different sinks though so be careful.

I guess I'll give in and look for a photo similar to mine...

Okay, this looks nearly identical: http://www.amazon.com/Amco-Over-the-...6767785&sr=8-2
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #26
Master Chef

I think that would work perfectly and the stainless steel would go with my kitchen perfectly since I already have that in other areas of the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Ha ha I just realized I was using "DW" for dishwasher, but we use that for something else around here...

Which maybe made this sentence sound risque:

Quote:
The one I'm using is fine mesh like a strainer but I've even seen collapsible silicone ones that store easily and fit in the DW.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBurgh View Post
Ha ha I just realized I was using "DW" for dishwasher, but we use that for something else around here...

Which maybe made this sentence sound risque:

thats too funny!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Talking

Thanks for the chuckle! I needed that!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm not sure of the name, but I think it is called Flip & Fold--the thing they advertised for a long time, to fold T-shirts. That thing works great! Just like they show on TV. Also, another gadget they advertised heavily--the thing to bread your food for frying. You put the flour, crumbs, etc. in one part, put the separator (with holes in it) on, then put your meat, vegetables, etc. on, and close it. You just turn it over a couple times and everything is evenly coated. Sorry I can't remember the name, but it works great too.

Barbara