Products that really do work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I've always been one to keep a good secret to myself, especially if I find a product I love. Mainly this is because I fear word will get out and sales will go up and thus the price of the item. Well after one of my true finds was discontinued due to lack of sales I realized I and probably many others contributed to this by not sharing our find with others. Well after that episode I vowed if I found another product that I have found is amazing I will share it with others. I hope this thread will lead to others sharing what products they use faithfully and love.....even those they've been reluctant to share.

My latest find is a skin care product.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive (SPF 20) Deep Wrinkle Moisturizing Treatment.

I just started using this product 6 days ago. Granted the smell isn't very pleasent but it disappears quickly. Fine lines are filling in, my skin texture is improving. But what really really has me excited is that I've had an area near my nose that is what I guess you would call a crater. Its a scar that is several layers deep. Its where I'd popped out this really hard white thing like 7 years ago.....gross I know :LOL:. Anyway, no other skin care products I'd used prior had any effect on this. Well let me tell you after just 6 days of use this area is filling in with new skin cells and I only barely feel it when I run my finger over the area. I can only imagine what my skin will be like in a month.

I believe the tube cost me $17.99 at CVS, maybe a few cents off. But you only use a small amount. I only use this product once a day under my make-up and neck area,so if I had to guess I'd say it will last at least 30 days.

Please let me know you thoughts if you try the product. And please let Neutrogena know you love it too!

I'll update you all in a month to let you know what other benefits I've had from the product.

Wow, that sounds great, Sizzlin'! Thanks for sharing your endorsement!

I'll try it now, too!

Lee

it works---I promise!!!

I hope everyone else will share their lil secrets of the products they absolutely love because they do what they claim to do.

I know personally I'm tierd of buying products that claim they do this or that and ultimately they end up being a waste of money because they just don't live up to the hype.

While I'm at it was anyone else a fan of the Oil of Olay 7X Multivitamin Packets? They took these off the market several months ago and I haven't found anything comparible without purchasing all the tablets seperately and that is very costly. If so, what have you found to replace them? This was one of the products I kick myself for not sharing with others because they were amazing.

Finally another product that I love is the Jergans Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer Firming Lotion. This is a tanning/moisturizing/firming lotion all in one. I use the fair color. A friend of mine turned me onto this and I love it. People are always asking me "have you been tanning". I don't use this everyday but when I need that extra glow I start using it faithfully for 5 days straight then apply it every other day. Sometimes I get lazy and then stop using it and the tan will disappear but I just start my regimen all over and the tan gradually starts forming. I also find a noticeable firmness in my skin when I use it. I'm not a big fan of the scent so I usually apply this early in the morning and then wait for a minimum of 3 hours then shower or apply it in the evening about 4 hours before I go to bed and let it work in then shower when I get up.
NOTE: I'm very careful to exfoliate only when I start at the beginning of my tanning regimen and then I work the product in really well and only use very minimal on my elbows, knees, ankles and feet. Also, its best if you allow it to soak in for 3 hours before bathing or showering. And by all means don't exfoliate after you start applying because you'll just remove the effects. I will warn you however, like most of the self tanning items out there it will rub off on your clothing so be careful....thats the price you pay for a fake tan but its safer than the alternative. I have a spare bra/panty/shorts/t-shirt that I reserve for after I apply this so it doesn't stain my good clothing.

Last edited:
a product i really really like is either mr clean or 409 earser sponges. they will remove dirt, on almost anything. i use more in kitchen. works so well you can keep cupboard door clean in about 10 min. works on walls ,

i have white counter tops. sometimes a soapy reg. sponge will not remove a stain, mustard, coffee, etc. the earser sponge will have it clean and shiny in no time. fridge, store , stove vent hood, u name it and it will clean it. there are a few that are labeled with store name. they work just as well and are a bit cheaper. they seem really high priced , unless you figure your time is worth something and how well they work. no rinising even on fridge.

babe:chef:

i love greased lightening & lysol disinfectant toilet cleaner. greased lightening & a veggie brush clean a carpet beautifully, & lysol toilet cleaner smells great & removes stains so well.

i sound like a dagnabbin advertisement. i just love cleaners.:flowers:they smell so, um...... clean.

you have white counters? so do I.......a few squirts of clorox cleanup will do the job in 10 secs......plus disinfect the entire area...........spray it in my sink, my dish drainer, on the toilet, toilet seats..........you want your cat white or dog white and disinfected???........ok I go too far..............but I'm serious on the other stuff.... it's the best stuff around for whitening and disinfecting.........of course can I get it here in KZ?????????? Nyet!!!!!!! So I bump along.......IF I can find bleach..........anywho......the joys of living overseas.....don't hear of too many intestinal outbreaks here so it can't be too bad............

I've always been one to keep a good secret to myself, especially if I find a product I love. Mainly this is because I fear word will get out and sales will go up and thus the price of the item. Well after one of my true finds was discontinued due to lack of sales I realized I and probably many others contributed to this by not sharing our find with others. Well after that episode I vowed if I found another product that I have found is amazing I will share it with others. I hope this thread will lead to others sharing what products they use faithfully and love.....even those they've been reluctant to share.

My latest find is a skin care product.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive (SPF 20) Deep Wrinkle Moisturizing Treatment.

I just started using this product 6 days ago. Granted the smell isn't very pleasent but it disappears quickly. Fine lines are filling in, my skin texture is improving. But what really really has me excited is that I've had an area near my nose that is what I guess you would call a crater. Its a scar that is several layers deep. Its where I'd popped out this really hard white thing like 7 years ago.....gross I know :LOL:. Anyway, no other skin care products I'd used prior had any effect on this. Well let me tell you after just 6 days of use this area is filling in with new skin cells and I only barely feel it when I run my finger over the area. I can only imagine what my skin will be like in a month.

I believe the tube cost me $17.99 at CVS, maybe a few cents off. But you only use a small amount. I only use this product once a day under my make-up and neck area,so if I had to guess I'd say it will last at least 30 days.

Please let me know you thoughts if you try the product. And please let Neutrogena know you love it too!

I'll update you all in a month to let you know what other benefits I've had from the product.
You're so persuasive! After reading your review, I went out and bought the one for day and one for night. Have you ever checked out Makeup Alley? You should put your review there, too. It's a fun site if you like beauty products (I'm such a make-up hag).

You're so persuasive! After reading your review, I went out and bought the one for day and one for night. Have you ever checked out Makeup Alley? You should put your review there, too. It's a fun site if you like beauty products (I'm such a make-up hag).

No I've never heard of that website before. I'll check it out. I just saw where Neutrogena has a few more new products out and I'm going to look into the lift and firming eye cream. Right now I only use the one product but I'm going to look into the eye cream and a night time product also.

Please let me know how the products you bought work for you.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Okay here is another one.......... Venus Embrace Razor for Women........I love this thing. It has 5 blades and moisturing pads. My legs are soooo smooth and no nicks. Granted its a little on the pricey side between 9 and 10 dollars. The razor that comes with 2 blades and a holder that suction cups on the shower wall. Its the best shaving experience I've ever had. I can't stand the cheap razors cause I always nick myself so badly.
I was using the men's Gillette Mack something. This razor did shave well but it didn't give me the silky smooth feel this womans one does. Someone on one of the daytime shows talked about how much she loved this particular Venus razor so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm now a devoted fan.

HMGgal I went also today and bought the cream! Sizzlin knows how to sell a product!;) (esp. since I NEVER spend 15.00 on face cream!! I'm a cheap son-of-a-@*#%! when it comes to spending on myself)I'll let you guys know how I like it.

HMGgal I went also today and bought the cream! Sizzlin knows how to sell a product!;) (esp. since I NEVER spend 15.00 on face cream!! I'm a cheap son-of-a-@*#%! when it comes to spending on myself)I'll let you guys know how I like it.

Please let me know how you like it. I hope like me you start seeing results sooner then they say you would. :LOL: I know what you mean regarding the cost of the cream but you know what we deserve it.

I got my first over-the-sink colander this weekend and I am in love with it. I don't know how I ever lived without it! It stretches across my sink front-to-back instead of left-to-right, so I can slide it off to the left and still use the sink in the area next to it. Because of that, I've decided to keep it there even when not in active use.

Yesterday, I also decided it makes a nice dish drying rack. I usually shove most dirties in the DW, but do an occasional bowl/utensil by hand and never have anywhere to dry since we don't use a dish rack. Well this works perfectly for that too.

I was afraid it wouldn't be maneuverable enough to pour food back out of after draining, but that hasn't been a problem as it is lightweight and rectangular, so you can pour from the corner to prevent making a mess.

If you have been thinking about an over-the-sink colander, go for it. Highly recommended!

Please let me know how you like it. I hope like me you start seeing results sooner then they say you would. :LOL: I know what you mean regarding the cost of the cream but you know what we deserve it.
Hey, La Prairie and some others are $325 an ounce (no, I didn't leave any decimal points out) so I think $20-30 is a steal--especially if it works.

We need to change the name of this thread to Enable Me!

I got my first over-the-sink colander this weekend and I am in love with it. I don't know how I ever lived without it! It stretches across my sink front-to-back instead of left-to-right, so I can slide it off to the left and still use the sink in the area next to it. Because of that, I've decided to keep it there even when not in active use.

Yesterday, I also decided it makes a nice dish drying rack. I usually shove most dirties in the DW, but do an occasional bowl/utensil by hand and never have anywhere to dry since we don't use a dish rack. Well this works perfectly for that too.

I was afraid it wouldn't be maneuverable enough to pour food back out of after draining, but that hasn't been a problem as it is lightweight and rectangular, so you can pour from the corner to prevent making a mess.

If you have been thinking about an over-the-sink colander, go for it. Highly recommended!
This sounds like something I need! My sink is weird, though--larger on one side than the other. I usually put a cutting board across it, but it slips and I've some spills and nearly chopped off fingers. I have NO counter space, so this sounds wonderful. Where did you get it? Brand name? Details!!!

This sounds like something I need! My sink is weird, though--larger on one side than the other. I usually put a cutting board across it, but it slips and I've some spills and nearly chopped off fingers. I have NO counter space, so this sounds wonderful. Where did you get it? Brand name? Details!!!

my sink is the same. why would they put that in, anyway?

I'm not sure what the brand name is, but there are so many of them, I don't think it will be a problem to find one. The one I have is stainless mesh, and like the others I've seen, it has expandable/retractable "legs." The legs also have rubberized bottoms to grip onto the edges of the sink. Just give your sink a measure and look at some of the colanders offered on the online shopping sites and you should find a match, even with an uneven sink.

I love Neutrogena Rainbath! Actually, I love all their products.

Something I recommend for the kitchen is an aluminum thawing tray. The one I have one is also a combination stove-top grill and griddle.They really work...the food thaws in half the time.

Around here, we get a cleaning product called Mean Green. It's cheap, and it will clean up the worst gunk.

And for getting grease out of clothes, there's a hand-cleaning product for mechanics called Goop. Just rub it into the grease spot before you wash the clothes, and it's all gone!

Two more things I'd never do without...duct tape and WD 40. It's also good to have a roll of electric fence wire on hand. If you can't do it with one of those, it probably can't be done! :LOL:

my sink is the same. why would they put that in, anyway?

Well, I do like the large side because it will handle even my stock pots with ease. I swear, I could take a bath in that thing (the sink--not sure about the stock pot). The other, smaller side is where the disposal is. It all works quite well, actually. If I had counter space and more cabinets, I'd be a happy camper. If one didn't like to cook, and have a gazillion relatives to cook for, this kitchen would probably be alright. As it is, it blows. I'm amazed I can get so much food out of there, actually.

What a great thread! I don't know how many things I've fallen in love with only to have them disappear from the shelves when I need to buy more. I'll have to think of something, but I second the motion on Greased Lightening. My biggest problem with that is that dh keeps stealing it from me to get the grease off his tractor engine when he's cleaning it. Oh, I will tell you something I love - Edy's Pineapple Coconut ice cream. I only buy it when we have company, otherwise I'd probably eat it all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom