Twix Dark Candy Bar Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
twix-dk-sing.jpg

this is a new item from the company.

I found this in a 4 bar pack though for 2 bucks at 7-11.

Same Twix Shape just with dark chocolate.

Nothing extra special here.

The taste was solid though.

A big thumbs up especially if you like Dark Chocolate.

I am so glad to see this review - I love Dark chocolate! Compared with the usual milk chocolate version is it a little less sweet?

I am trying to rationalize buying this. Dark chocolate is good for your heart. The sugar is bad for diabetes. Less sugar to make the dark chocolate stand out more. Okay. I love dark chocolate, I love Twix, healthy heart. I'm onto to it.

Well, Addie..... since you say you will try it, I think I will try it also as soon as I see one in a store.

My favorite candy bar is a Mounds Bar. I buy one each summer. The last time I bought one, I took one bite and it was so sweet, I spit it out. But then I found dark chocolate. More and more I keep reading about the benefits of dark chocolate for your heart. So I would be willing to give it a try. Just one candy bar.

The whole idea is that you are testing it to see if you like it. Not to find out if you would be willing to eat it three times a day, every day as some would have you believe.

My favorite candy bar is a Mounds Bar. I buy one each summer. The last time I bought one, I took one bite and it was so sweet, I spit it out. But then I found dark chocolate. More and more I keep reading about the benefits of dark chocolate for your heart. So I would be willing to give it a try. Just one candy bar.

The whole idea is that you are testing it to see if you like it. Not to find out if you would be willing to eat it three times a day, every day as some would have you believe.

Lately I've gotten so that I don't even have any candy bars in the house. I have hard candies in the house and in my purse in case I have a BS low - they taste SO much better than the glucose tabs and/or the gel.

Lately I've gotten so that I don't even have any candy bars in the house. I have hard candies in the house and in my purse in case I have a BS low - they taste SO much better than the glucose tabs and/or the gel.

I have had some great adventures with BS. One time in line as I was checking out a large grocery order at Market Basket. I felt myself slipping and ready to fall. All I could say to Spike was, SUGAR! He opened his maple syrup and handed me the bottle. I was guzzling that down. The cashier was staring at the both of us as if we had gone insane. Spike just said "Diabetes." All was well after that.

Another time I had just got off the bus and was crossing the street to go into my home. Sure enough it hit me in the middle of the street. I went down and all traffic came to a halt. The only word I could get out was sugar. Someone gave me a piece of a candy bar. I was fine in just a few seconds. I made it into my home and ate something immediately. I found out later that my doctor had been overmedicating me. Every time I saw her, I kept telling her she has given me too much meds. But she wouldn't listen. She also refused to run an A1c on me.

Today, I control it by diet alone. And have for a number of years now. So I think I can handle at least one half of a Twix.

I found out later that my doctor had been overmedicating me. Every time I saw her, I kept telling her she has given me too much meds. But she wouldn't listen. She also refused to run an A1c on me.

Today, I control it by diet alone. And have for a number of years now. So I think I can handle at least one half of a Twix.

Hopefully you switched doctors when you found out about the overmedication. I've tried handling mine with just d&e, but just kept getting worse - then got sick and it went to heck in a handbasket.

Hopefully you switched doctors when you found out about the overmedication. I've tried handling mine with just d&e, but just kept getting worse - then got sick and it went to heck in a handbasket.

In a heartbeat. I almost loss my leg because of the neglect of her not caring for a wound that she caused. But I am fine today. My A1c hovers around 6.0/5.9 which is not that bad. All is well today.

Back
Top Bottom