Wendy's Bacon Queso Chicken Sandwich Review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Satellite

This is a new LTO from the company.

It is supposed to retail for 5.39, but I had to pay a whopping a 6.29 just for the sandwich alone:( 8.79 for the combo with standard fries and .99 cents more if I went for the special fries

The chicken sandwich included:

fire-roasted salsa, red onions, thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and poblano queso cheese sauce on a toasted red jalapeno bun.

I have to say the taste was not bad here.

All the ingredients worked well together.

I will give this item a medium sized thumbs up.

I just wish they would stop calling it queso like it's some big deal. I am pretty sure the average consumer in Backwater, Alabama has no idea WTF queso even means. Besides, it's not queso, which would be a natural cheese. IT'S FRIGGIN' CHEEZE WHIZ!!!

Last edited:
I feel the same way. chipotle as well. Just because you add hot sauce to mayo, it isn't chipotle sauce.

I need a dictionary for Mexican foods. And the ingredients. I am of the opinion that all Mexican food has extra heat added to it. And I know that is wrong.

A friend wanted to go to Chili's. Okay, I was game. I had no idea what kind of food they served. I looked the menu over and every thing I saw had some kind of heat added to it. Now my stomach is rather delicate and can't handle that kind of heat. I ordered a plain hamburger with all the fixing on the side. Those fixings went back to the kitchen untouched. It just seemed easier to order it that way, than ask the waitress to give special orders verbally. She just wrote down, one hamburger, all fixings on the side.

When I lived in Texas, I worked for a short time in a Mexican café. Parents would come in with their little kids and those kids would eat foods that would put me in the hospital. Fortunately for me Mama Lupe would always fix something for me that had no heat. I loved that woman.

Back
Top Bottom