Wise Kettle Cooked Jalapeno potato chip review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
The bag says this is a NEW chip, BUTTT you know that I just had to try it out!!!

This is the second Wise brand Jalapeno flavored potato chip I have reviewed.

For the first chip review go here:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/wise-new-york-deli-jalapeno-kettle-cooked-potato-13249.html?highlight=wise+review

Onto the review of this chip.

I thought this chip was thicker than a regular wise chip which is a good thing.

The chips were a bit on the small side which sucked.

The chips were nice and cruchy though which is a good thing.

You could hardly tell if the chip had Jalapeno Flavoring on it which is not a good thing at all.

I thought this chip had a more up front flavor than the New York Deli style chip I tasted. Less aftertaste for me as well.

This chip does have enough power to make your nose run.

I will give this chip a thumbs up.

Barbara L said:
I agree this one was ok, but I much prefer Lay's Kettle Cooked Jalepeno chips. :cool:

:) Barbara

In my area they do not sell that lays chip, But they sell the other three kinds of kettle cooked chips.

Gee thanks, never heard of Wise Kettle cooked potato chips.

Haven't seen them in the local groceries, but generally don't look at the chips.

Will take a peek next time.

The hot potato chip we like the best is Mama Zuma's Revenge made by the Route 11 potato chip company in Middletown, VA (for locals, it is near the intersection of I-66 and I-81).

It is a habanero chip, and is hot, but we love the chips. They are normal size chips and are definitely thicker than your traditional tater chip.

Although hotter than heck, we cannot stop eating them.

Fortunately, they are about 60 miles away, or we would go too often, but go once in a while. You can watch them making the chips if you go not too late.

And you can order on the web.

Sorry, hate to plug a place, and believe me I wish we had a financial interest in this company, but just think they make a great product.

Well I did not think it was too many months since my Jalapeno version of this chip, But I have now completed a bag of just the regular chips.

When I opened a full bag of these chips all I mainly saw was nothing but small chips inside with a few medium sized chips.

The were not too thick or too thin.

The taste was not bad at all, but they did tatse a bit on the salter side of things.

The sodium content per serving was a bit higher than other brands of chips like this. A no-no imo. 60 more milligrams of sodium per serving than the cape cod brand.

I will still give this chip a nice big thumbs up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom