Yuguo Farms Dried Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, 14 oz bag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FL0EX92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sight unseen, for $12.83 I ordered these dried sliced Shiitake mushrooms.
The bag is huge and it's 14 oz. I started to put them in a gallon glass jar and it filled the jar and the bag was still half full. I couldn't believe it.

They don't seem to have any stems so no waste. They are bright white for the most part, you can see them in the cellophane window on the front of the package, that is not a picture, it is the mushrooms. I put them in some hot water and added them to my dish from last night. I was really pleased with them, especially for when I run out of button mushrooms.

Since there are so many of them, I'm going to grind some down, to give my soups and stews some umami flavor. They were definitely a bargain.

I love, love, love shiitakes, bliss. They must have originally been pretty thick to be sliced so that they look so white.

I mean, I've bought ones that have a very dark cap "skin" but were white underneath, and also ones that were more beige capped but the meaty underside part was still white. Yours look to be from very meaty ones.

Have fun cooking with them. :chef:

I like the idea of adding shroom powder to things for extra flavour.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FL0EX92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sight unseen, for $12.83 I ordered these dried sliced Shiitake mushrooms.
The bag is huge and it's 14 oz. I started to put them in a gallon glass jar and it filled the jar and the bag was still half full. I couldn't believe it.

They don't seem to have any stems so no waste. They are bright white for the most part, you can see them in the cellophane window on the front of the package, that is not a picture, it is the mushrooms. I put them in some hot water and added them to my dish from last night. I was really pleased with them, especially for when I run out of button mushrooms.

Since there are so many of them, I'm going to grind some down, to give my soups and stews some umami flavor. They were definitely a bargain.

I grind my dry porcini and shiitake mushrooms and add the powder to meatloaf, tomato sauce, pot roast braising liquid, Pork/poultry stuffing, stuffed mushroom stuffing, gravies, soup (homemade cream of mushroom soup is fantastic with dry mushroom powder added to fresh), stews the sky is the limit! Your gonna have fun cooking with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom