Potato sausage/Potatiskorv/Värmlands korv.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CakePoet

Head Chef
Potato sausage / Potatiskorv / Värmlands korv.
5 meter:
1½ kg fatty ground pork
1 kg lean ground beef
300 gram onion
2½ kg raw potatoes
3- 4 tablespoon salt
2-3 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
c:a 5 meter beef casings, the curled/ bent one, not the straight one.
Rub:
100 ml sugar
200 ml salt.

If the casing needs to be soaked, soak the casings now and then rinse, them in cold water.

Peel potatoes and onion, and cut into chunks. Grind the potatoes and onion in a meat grinder. Mix with the meat and seasonings. Make sure the batter is well combined.

Fry a small piece and taste, it should taste a little bit too salty and that is perfect.

Start stuffing the sausage, wither by hand or with machine. Tie the end with a pre shrunken food safe yarn. Make sure you have no air bubbles. When the whole sausage is stuffed, divide the sausage in perfect sizes for you and your pot. I prefer 30- 40 cm long, because it enough for us 3.

Make the rub and rub the sausages, leave them in big bowl over night or at least 4 hours, before rinsing and cooking or freezing them.

How to cook: Add water in large pot, add 1 bay leaf and 5 allspice berries. Add the sausage and let it simmer for 30 min. Remember to prick the sausage with a needle before cooking or it can explode in the pot.

Serve with white sauce and potatoes.

Potato sausage / Potatiskorv / Värmlands korv.
5 meter:
1½ kg fatty ground pork
1 kg lean ground beef
300 gram onion
2½ kg raw potatoes
3- 4 tablespoon salt
2-3 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
c:a 5 meter beef casings, the curled/ bent one, not the straight one.
Rub:
100 ml sugar
200 ml salt.

If the casing needs to be soaked, soak the casings now and then rinse, them in cold water.

Peel potatoes and onion, and cut into chunks. Grind the potatoes and onion in a meat grinder. Mix with the meat and seasonings. Make sure the batter is well combined.

Fry a small piece and taste, it should taste a little bit too salty and that is perfect.

Start stuffing the sausage, wither by hand or with machine. Tie the end with a pre shrunken food safe yarn. Make sure you have no air bubbles. When the whole sausage is stuffed, divide the sausage in perfect sizes for you and your pot. I prefer 30- 40 cm long, because it enough for us 3.

Make the rub and rub the sausages, leave them in big bowl over night or at least 4 hours, before rinsing and cooking or freezing them.

How to cook: Add water in large pot, add 1 bay leaf and 5 allspice berries. Add the sausage and let it simmer for 30 min. Remember to prick the sausage with a needle before cooking or it can explode in the pot.

Serve with white sauce and potatoes.
Tusen Tak, CP! I have put this on the to-do list. I have everything except the casings, but I know where I can get those locally. I don't know if I can get beef, I can get pork casings and lamb casings. Any reason one of those wouldn't work?

Pork could work but would give thinner sausage.

Oh and for the future it is tusen tack , you just said a thousand roofs... which most likely has it uses. :)

Pork could work but would give thinner sausage.

Oh and for the future it is tusen tack , you just said a thousand roofs... which most likely has it uses. :)
Is Tak Norwegian? Never said I could spell in Swedish (or Norwegian).

FWIW, I play either Norwegian or Swedish Christmas music while baking during the Christmas season...drives my friends who come over to learn how to bake various things crazy...they recognize some of the songs, but not the words!

Tak is roof in Norwegian, Takk is thank you in Norwegian. But now you know the difference between the words.

You should listen to knalle juls vals

Back
Top Bottom