Sausage With Bacon Wrap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Use any large sausages such as the bratwurst.
Fry the bratwurst until near done and cool them
Cut them lengthwise to form pocket
Cut up sharp cheddar cheese lengthwise and put in sausage pocket end to end
Wrap sausage and cheese with bacon and hold the bacon on with the toothpicks

Put oven to broil

Put sausages on no stick sheet

Broil until bacon is done and not too crispy and bratwurst is browned and cheese start to melt. Put on bakery roll with mustard and ketchup and use a small garden salad for meal.

Cat

Thank you very much. We have a word in Romanian for it. It called a Nesanatoase. It is close to what an "artery-clogger" is.
Not too healthy but quite flavorful.
Thank you!
~Cat

This sounds really good, Cat! I have a feeling we would call it an Artery Clogger here too! :LOL:

Last edited:
Cat, have you ever tried this with a smoked sausage such as kielbasa? That way you wouldn't even have to pre-cook the sausage since it's already smoked. I can even see trying that combo on an outdoor grill.

Cat, have you ever tried this with a smoked sausage such as kielbasa? That way you wouldn't even have to pre-cook the sausage since it's already smoked. I can even see trying that combo on an outdoor grill.

Yes! We have done that on the charcoal grill here. The shortcut with the kielbasa is so very good on grill.
When we do the smoked on the grill I prepare the sausages by poking them with fork and rub them with a nice rib rub. I poke rib rub into sausages and then coat with rub.
The best is that always season the sausages first. Thank you very much for sharing. You are quite correct.
Thank you!
~Cat

Hey folks! Take notice. Cat immediately got the gist of what this whole forum is about with her first posting for a recipe. Pork and Bacon. All in the same recipe. Bless her heart. Great way for our newest American citizen to start. :angel:

Hey folks! Take notice. Cat immediately got the gist of what this whole forum is about with her first posting for a recipe. Pork and Bacon. All in the same recipe. Bless her heart. Great way for our newest American citizen to start. :angel:

I just saw this! Thank you so much! Did anyone cook this?

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom