A Perfect Veggie Dish (Stuffed Vine Leafs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mozambikchef

Assistant Cook
How to Cook Stuffed Vine Leaves

My Grandmothers's lovely dish, this is called Sarma Dolmasi in Turkish in Greek it's called Dolmades. It represents the taste that comes from countries placed around Mediterranean Sea...

1 cup rice
1 onion
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
2.5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup olive oil
vine leaves
The white onions must be chopped very finely. Cook them with a tablespoon of olive oil, till it turns to reddish colour. Add the pepper, tomato paste and salt . Cook about 10 minutes. Put them aside. Wash the grape leaves. Divide them.Prepare the mixture on each leaf and roll up into a short thai rolls shaped. Put them in a pan. Pour remaining olive oil over them. Pour some water. Weigh them down with a plate.Put a lid on it and cook about 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. They are always served cold.You should add small dried currants or nuts and maybe dried grapes to the combination before you stuff the leafs.
My Grandmothers lovely stuffed vine leafs recipe!! lol

Enjoyyyy!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a really yummy recipe! The ones I had been familiar with (from restaurants) had always just used rice and lemon juice. Mint and dill seemed like appropriate additions, but I can't say whether I ever tasted any that had those spices. I will have to try this soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom