All these Veggies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i have a bunch of them. i was trimming/dicing/etc., like what we learned in culinary school yesterday & i have so many potatoes (cooked those already; need a use for them now), cucumber, zucchini, diakon radish.... other veggies, too.
besides soup, what should i cook?

I suggest you grate the zucchini, unpeeled, and use for muffins, bread, or cakes. You can freeze it in ziplocks for use later.
The cucumber would be great for making Tzatziki. You could also make refrigerator pickles, if you have a lot.
I don't know anything about the Diakon radish, except that a friend of mine uses them in his Kim Chee.

What other vegies do you have?

Sounds like a good start for a stir fry, luvs!

Or, you could do some "extra credit" homework and mince them and then stuff them into wonton skins and fry up some egg rolls.

PIZZA! Lots of salads, zucchini or veggie pancakes. In a zucchini thread, Paula posted a lovely pic of zucchini with three cheeses from a Giada recipe. Or put them on puff pastry with some Brie and bake. Posted a pic somewhere, only using asparagus.

Pizza sounds good.... and if you have so many cooked potatoes, why not a
potatoe pizza

press the potatoes through a potatoe press, mix it with oil and Salt
add about 100g flour.
pre bake for about 20min (225°C) and add toppings as you like

I like my diakon radish raw. They are sweet and can be used on relish tray, sliced on a bread and butter sandwich, or diced into a salad. I have also used them in a veggie casseroles. I love them any way, but I don't know about freezing. They will store in the fridge for a long time.

Perhaps a curry with the potaoes would be nice, you could even throw some of the radishes in there.

Cucumbers can easily be added to sweet smooties and juiced, they are usually vaguely sweet themselves and lend a nice melon-ish sort of flavour (Carrots, apples and cucs are are great as a juice).

Probably a bit late but I just found this thread.

Some of those veggies seem to cry, to me, for a ratatioulle. A dish I always wing with what we have on hand.

Or get some smoked pork hocks and make a soup/stew, kind of a caldo gallego thing which, loosely translated, I think means add good veggies and some pork to a pot and enjoy. You can always add some pasta, would not hurt, or dumplings.

Perhaps a frittata, one of my favorites.

For just good eating take the cooked potatoes, mash them, and form them into patties.

Then saute; the mashed potato has not seen a better use, IMHO.

Or add some flour and egg and make potato pancakes (I usually make mine with raw taters, but cooked would easily work).

Daikon radish, hmmm, how about a slaw? Add some grated carrot for both flavor and color, whatever else you might like, and a dressing.

Can always make a tomato based sauce with almost any veggie.

If the veggie cuts are big enough, could do a tempura. Have not done one in years but always enjoyed the stuff.

Sounds like you have a goldmine of veggies. Enjoy.

break out the deep fryer!!!
you could do a tempura batter with the veggies, and home fries, hash browns, or french fries with the spuds, luvs.

Back
Top Bottom