Any good recipes with seaweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady - Mr. Mosher is my father... :LOL:
-----

You're a grownup now. Get used to it sonny. :LOL:

It does take some getting used to. I pretty much started using Mrs. when a doctor wanted to call me by my first name, but insisted on being called Dr. something or other. In my world it's first names or it's last names. I might make an exception for the Queen (of Denmark or any other monarchy).

My local health food store carries lots of Eden products. Of course, if I can find a Canadian organic brand, I'll probably choose that.

taxlady - Mr. Mosher is my father... :LOL:
-----
For anyone interested in experimenting, here are the essentials which are sometimes tough to find - especially big bags of Bonito.

Bonito Flakes
Eden Foods - Bonito Flakes

Kombu
Eden Foods - Kombu

Wakame
Eden Foods - Wakame

These products are all very high quality, and together cost about $20.
For some reason my local earthy-crunchy stores carry the seaweed, but not the Bonito. The Bonito really provides 75% of the flavor of Dashi (IMHO).

I managed to get the last bag of Eden Bonito Flakes.:)

let's not forget irish seaweed, called dulse.

it's maroon-ish in colour, and is somewhat salty tasting. a great bar snack with a pint or three.

my dad has told me how he and his mom would collect and dry dulse on wodden racks during their summer vacations on the shore in co.'s mayo and sligo when he was a boy.

then, when fresh greens weren't available, they'd add the dried dulse to their veggie soups much like bolas's gardener's seaweed soup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom