4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Procedure

1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly
oil grate.
2 Clean mushrooms and remove stems. In a large bowl,
combine the red bell pepper, garlic, oil, onion powder, salt and ground black pepper and mix well. Spread mixture over the mushrooms.
3 Grill over indirect heat, or to the side of the hot coals, for 15 to 20 minutes.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #12
Head Chef

mudbug you just need to visit Sushi's cafe - they can make anything!

Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #13
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Moved to Vegetable forum.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:35 AM   #14
Head Chef

I grill them with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and put a grilled hamburger in them, top with bleu cheese and you don't miss the bun. I saw Rachel Ray do this once, tried it and we love it.

Lyndalou
Old 03-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Grill them & use in place of a bun for a grilled burger - open faced. Top burger with red sweet onions, tomatoes, bleu cheese or guacamole --whatever toppings you like.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #16
Master Chef

I simply coat them lightly with olive oil and season with my favorite seasoning, then grill (along with other veggies). If I'm going to use them IN a dish after grilling (say, add to a salad, ratatoulle, rice or pasta dish), I remove the gills before grilling (they'll turn everything black). I love to make a grilled ratatoulle -- grill zuccini (courgettes), eggplant (aubergine), onions, mushrooms, a head of garlic. At the right time of year, halves of tomatoes. Then I cut the veggies up, add more of the seasonings I like, toss, and drizzle maybe with a bit of balsamic. It used to amuse me to no end when camping macho-type older men (steak and potatoes, hoorah) would come by to find out what delicious-smelling stuff I was cooking was. Vegetables?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #17
Master Chef

you know, i can't think of one dagnabbin reason why some A-1 wouldn't nicely compliment a nice portobella!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
you know, i can't think of one dagnabbin reason why some A-1 wouldn't nicely compliment a nice portobella!
A1 is incredible on a grilled portabella. Just make sure you saturate the mushroom with olive or sunflour oil, or melted butter before grilling. The oil will drip into the coals and give everything a great smokey flavor. Or, if you aren't fond of the oil-smoke flavor, add some hardwood to the fire. Grill the protabella caps as you would a burger. Place on a plate with some A1 sauce and a great cole-slaw, and say to yourself, "I need someone amazing to share this with."

For as good as this meal is all by itself, when you can show off your skills to someone you really want to be with, well that's just a bit of Heaven brought to mortality. In my home, DW gets the most choice foods. I'm happy giving them to her. Makes me feel good. Besides, there aren't any bad foods, if they're cooked properly.

I just have this rule. If I mess something up in a meal, then since I'm the cook, I get the messed up piece. So I try very hard not to ruin good food. I like it too much.

As the saying goes, I don't eat to live, I live to eat, as healthy as possible of course.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Try slicing them into 1/2" slices, dipping in a Drake's Batter mix and deep frying until crispy. Dip in veggie dip or a Ranch dressing with some hot pepper sauce added for zing. Better than those frozen mushroooms anyday.

Tags
None