Anyone Else Love Spaghetti Squash?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sueanne

Assistant Cook
In April planted some seeds from a spaghetti squash I had bought. The plants really took off supplying me for months with five pound squashes. Guess there were plenty of bees around. I ate them every day cooked different ways. They are so easy to cook in the microwave cut in half with just a dab of oil or butter.
I just finally today pulled out all my vines to make room for my new garden. I will plant them again when it gets cooler since they were easier to grow than zucchini here in Florida.
The funny part was they looked like a zucchini but were a spaghetti squash inside. They all were different colors.
_______
Sueanne

Attachments

• may21_01squash 33.jpg
    may21_01squash 33.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 199
  • may15_01squash plants 55 bee.jpg
    may15_01squash plants 55 bee.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 212
  • apr11_01spaghetti squash 44.jpg
    apr11_01spaghetti squash 44.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 213
Great pics, those look like beauts! I like it, especially baked with a generous dose of garlic, fresh herbs and a bit of parm cheese :)

Well, I've learnt yet another thing off this site. Here in Catalonia you can buy "pastissets" (little pasties) with something described as "angel hair" inside. I've never seen the plant itself, but I guess it's this as the pastisset filling is obviously a squash or pumpkin of some kind. If it is the same thing, then as far as I know it's always used here as sweet filing in cakes of various kinds or cooked into a jam.

I'm not a great fan of pastissets - too sweet for my taste - but I bet spaghetti squash would be good as a side dish. How long do you do it in the microwave for? Roasted in the oven sounds delicious as well.

My husband and I like spaghetti squash, but have a hard time finding it. We like it with butter, garlic, S&P, a little Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan, but I hear it's good with spaghetti sauce also.

For some reason I've never been able to warm up to Spaghetti Squash. I've tried it a couple of times, & each time - no matter how long or how I cook it - the strands always seem to come out too "crunchy" for my taste.

Piccolina:
I like it, especially baked with a generous dose of garlic, fresh herbs and a bit of parm cheese

I have always used it as a sub for spaghetti and Piccolina's recipe. It has to have alot of butter/cheese and garlic, for me to eat it as a side dish.

Last edited:
I like spaghetti squash but I don't eat it that often . I like Spaghetti sauce on it with parmesan cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom