Avocado Salsa anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are having this today with tortilla chips we are baking. Avocado's are loved here even by the kids so I want to share with you one of their fav dips.
Combine 15 small radishes that you've minced along with 1 small diced red onion. Now add 2-3 serrano chiles seeded and minced You can choose the amount of peppers you want so the heat level is up or down. Toss the above mix well and set aside.In your f/p put 2 avocados that have been cut in chunks add 1/2 cup of lime juice, and now blend to a smooth paste put this into a bowl and add the radish mix fold together stir in 3 Tab. evoo 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves or more if you like. season with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
kades

Thanks for this! Gonna try it.
I love avocado salsa. A sandwich place, which I usually go for lunch, makes avocado salsa as a spread for the bread. For most of the time, I ask for avocado salsa, although they have several other spreads too. I just can't resist its temptation!

Ahuaca Cutahuitl:The Testicle Tree = Avocado Tree

Dear Members,

Got your attention, yes ?

Firstly, we just arrived in Madrid after a lovely time in Italy ... I have had some time on the flight to read some of the new posts and reflect, on which I was going to reply to new and old ...

Among the uncountable fruits and vegetables that the Spaniards brought back from the new world ( 1518 - 1520 ), the avocado, the Aztec Legacy, had been slow to catch on until the 21st century in Spain ...

Dr. Francisco Hernandez, the physician of King Felipe II : 1527 to 1598, had recommended this fruit due to its aphrodisiactic properties !

The Aztec name listed in the title above, translates to the Testicle Tree, thus, the tree bearing avocados.

It had been quite controversial during the Inquisition, during the time of Felipe II ... thus, Felipe II, quite a ladies man, with several marriages, had listened to his Doctor in secret !

Thought you would all enjoy this little anecdote ...

I have never made an avocado salsa ... However, I am a lover of Guacamole with Haas Mexican black wrinkled avocados ... and I prepare mine in a Mocajete, a volcanic stone mortar with a stone pestle ...

However, I am here to tell you, that I like your recipe ... and shall give it a go, later in the week ...

Do you have a photo of this salad dish ?

Thanks for the post,
Have a rainbow day.
Margi.

We are having this today with tortilla chips we are baking. Avocado's are loved here even by the kids so I want to share with you one of their fav dips.
Combine 15 small radishes that you've minced along with 1 small diced red onion. Now add 2-3 serrano chiles seeded and minced You can choose the amount of peppers you want so the heat level is up or down. Toss the above mix well and set aside.In your f/p put 2 avocados that have been cut in chunks add 1/2 cup of lime juice, and now blend to a smooth paste put this into a bowl and add the radish mix fold together stir in 3 Tab. evoo 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves or more if you like. season with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
kades

You've made your own version of guacamole.:chef:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Dear Members,

Got your attention, yes ?

Firstly, we just arrived in Madrid after a lovely time in Italy ... I have had some time on the flight to read some of the new posts and reflect, on which I was going to reply to new and old ...

Among the uncountable fruits and vegetables that the Spaniards brought back from the new world ( 1518 - 1520 ), the avocado, the Aztec Legacy, had been slow to catch on until the 21st century in Spain ...

Dr. Francisco Hernandez, the physician of King Felipe II : 1527 to 1598, had recommended this fruit due to its aphrodisiactic properties !

The Aztec name listed in the title above, translates to the Testicle Tree, thus, the tree bearing avocados.

It had been quite controversial during the Inquisition, during the time of Felipe II ... thus, Felipe II, quite a ladies man, with several marriages, had listened to his Doctor in secret !

Thought you would all enjoy this little anecdote ...

I have never made an avocado salsa ... However, I am a lover of Guacamole with Haas Mexican black wrinkled avocados ... and I prepare mine in a Mocajete, a volcanic stone mortar with a stone pestle ...

However, I am here to tell you, that I like your recipe ... and shall give it a go, later in the week ...

Do you have a photo of this salad dish ?

Thanks for the post,
Have a rainbow day.
Margi.
Hi Margi,
Tanks for the tale of the tree:LOL: I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I'll try to get my daughter to take one the next time we make some. Hope you get a chance to make the salsa. If you enjoy some heat you could add a little Serrano chile without seeds.
kades

Thanks for this! Gonna try it.
I love avocado salsa. A sandwich place, which I usually go for lunch, makes avocado salsa as a spread for the bread. For most of the time, I ask for avocado salsa, although they have several other spreads too. I just can't resist its temptation!
Spread for the bread, yum. Hope you like this salsa, Mashed a little and I think it would be wonderful on French or Italian bread.
kades

kades

How do you make your chips?

Back
Top Bottom