Avocados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Avocado Sandwich,

Keiser roll ( or Italian bread)
sliced avocado
chopped onions
salt

Quick, simple and delicious

My friend also puts a chopped hard boiled egg in the sandwich also, but im not much of an egg person.

I tried hand rolled sushi last week, and avocado was very nice paired with smoked salmon, crab flakes and prawns, with a dab of mayonnaise or soft creamy spreadable cheese.

While guacomole will always remain my favorite way of enjoying avocados, I also like them split & the center filled with just salad dressing, or the center filled with virtually any type of mayo salad - chicken, shrimp, crab, tuna, etc.

pear and avocado salad

4 small ripe pears
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 ripe avocados
1 bunch watercress
2oz rocket
2 tbsp walnuts chopped finely
4oz grated cheese of your choice
walnut bread sliced homemade or shop bought

for the dressing:

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbps walnut oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp light brown soft sugar ( or you can use honey)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

halve the pears & de core them , then thinly slice them and brush them with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.

cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and peel them , carefully cut each half into about 5 slices, also brush with lemon juice .

finely chop the walnuts ; place in bowl and set aside.

for the dressing :

you will need a small screw top jar .place all the ingredients for the dressing in the jar and shake well place aside or in the fridge for now .

Mix the watercress and rocket together in a bowl. Place about a handful on four plates.) arrange the avocado and pears on top ;, scatter over some of the chopped walnuts and spoon on a little of the dressing then crumble some cheese over the top .

serve with sliced walnut bread .

Best not to prepare too soon before serving.

I used to have 45 foot tall avocado tree in my back yard, and no matter how many we would harvest in the winter and spring, in the summer I would still run over some with the lawnmower. This is NOT a recommended method of preparation.

Guacamole is definately my favorite,
But I also love topping burgers or chicken or turkey sandwiches with slices of avocados.

The most bizzare, and of course our favorite, way to eat avocados is to cut them into chunks, dab with some wasabi paste, dip in tempura batter and fry! OMG - these are so addictive invite friends to share with you!

A few days ago I have tried the Avocado sandwich. I liked it and I am sure it is not hard to make. There were two pices of white bread, inside a little bit of mayo, a slice of cheese and slices of avocado. It filled me up.
Try it.

Harborwitch said:
The most bizzare, and of course our favorite, way to eat avocados is to cut them into chunks, dab with some wasabi paste, dip in tempura batter and fry! OMG - these are so addictive invite friends to share with you!

boy, does this sound good, harborwitch!

Back
Top Bottom