Baked Onion Rings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Another old clipping from a newspaper, but these are good and lower in calories than the deep fried ones.

BAKED ONION RINGS

1 pound of your favorite onions (I use bermuda or red)
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1/2 tsp each salt and paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
3 egg whites beaten until foamy

Peel, slice and separate onin rings. Combine bread crumbs and seasonings and mix well. Dip onion rings in egg whites and then in crumb mixture to coat each piece. Place onions in single layer on greased baking sheet (a use parchment paper on the baking sheet and grease it). Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until onions are crisp and tender. makes 4 servings.

I haven't decided how to fix my chicken yet.. but,
I'm going to make these to go with it! Yummmy!

Thanks!

Thanks, Norgeskog! Every once in a while I get a tremendous craving for onion rings and always feel awful after eating all that grease. These sound fantastic!

Thanks pdswife1 and PA Baker, hope you enjoy them, I always have. Nothing like something great tasting without the guilt. :LOL:

amber said:
I love onions rings. Thanks for posting a low cal version.

my pleasure amber. I hope you like them. I am fixing them tonight, a good friend is leaving tomorrow for a 3 week vacation in Yuma and I am doing a vacation party for her and a few mutual friends. THose, tempanade, crustini, cheese tray and champagne, toasted orange bread with cream cheese.

Back
Top Bottom